valve games

well all incase you have not heard yet about 3 or 4 weeks ago valve
vu games which is the parent company settled their law suit over
distribution rights... it was about to go to federal trial when vu
sierra accepted valves out of court settlement.. in which vu/sierra
is going to stop all distribution of valve games via cd media..the
only way you will be able to buy valves half life half life 2 and all
the add ons is through steam download service after august 31st.. also
the only way to purchase the valve half life 2 add on that is
going to be released by valve later this summer will be via the steam
download service.. there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
games on cd retail after august 31st 2005... so anybody who didn't
buy their copies of half life half life 2 or all the add ons
available better get started and start buying those valves games on
cd before they become extinct on august 31 2005... also was talking to
the managers of my local gamestop and they told me in another 3 to 5
years retail purchases of all games on cd will be history.. they said
all game companies are slowly converting all their games for digital
download on the internet using broadband or high speed internet
7 answers Last reply
More about valve games

    Daryl Rece wrote:
    > there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
    > games on cd retail after august 31st 2005...

    Valve ia looking for a new distributor
    In case you have heard it

    rgds

    Daryl Rece wrote:
    > there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
    > games on cd retail after august 31st 2005...

    Valve is looking for a new distributor
    In case you have heard it

    rgds

    "Daryl Rece" <skyhawks8989@aol.com> wrote in message
    > well all incase you have not heard yet about 3 or 4 weeks ago valve
    > vu games which is the parent company settled their law suit over
    > distribution rights... it was about to go to federal trial when vu
    > sierra accepted valves out of court settlement.. in which vu/sierra
    > is going to stop all distribution of valve games via cd media..the
    > only way you will be able to buy valves half life half life 2 and all
    > the add ons is through steam download service after august 31st.. also
    > the only way to purchase the valve half life 2 add on that is
    > going to be released by valve later this summer will be via the steam
    > download service.. there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
    > games on cd retail after august 31st 2005... so anybody who didn't
    > buy their copies of half life half life 2 or all the add ons
    > available better get started and start buying those valves games on
    > cd before they become extinct on august 31 2005... also was talking to
    > the managers of my local gamestop and they told me in another 3 to 5
    > years retail purchases of all games on cd will be history.. they said
    > all game companies are slowly converting all their games for digital
    > download on the internet using broadband or high speed internet

    Wrong, Valve already has another distributor for the addon via the retail
    channel.

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:40:59 -0400, "General" <g@eneral.com> wrote:
    well valve has done said in it's press release d following the
    vu.sierra/vale settlement, that any future updatses for all valve
    games of half life halflife 2 and mods and add ons will totally be
    done though the steam download service after august 31st.. and was
    just told this distributor who will help valve out with some of the
    downloads is a nationally online download distributor they said no
    cd's or product code keys will be used with the new add on it has to
    be downloaded digitally and it will be issued what is called a
    digital rights management certificate that gets downloaded with the
    product and gets activated online from a digital rights management
    server.. i was told how it was going to be done was told the
    distributor would be handling the online digital rights management
    activation of the new halflife add on online

    >"Daryl Rece" <skyhawks8989@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> well all incase you have not heard yet about 3 or 4 weeks ago valve
    >> vu games which is the parent company settled their law suit over
    >> distribution rights... it was about to go to federal trial when vu
    >> sierra accepted valves out of court settlement.. in which vu/sierra
    >> is going to stop all distribution of valve games via cd media..the
    >> only way you will be able to buy valves half life half life 2 and all
    >> the add ons is through steam download service after august 31st.. also
    >> the only way to purchase the valve half life 2 add on that is
    >> going to be released by valve later this summer will be via the steam
    >> download service.. there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
    >> games on cd retail after august 31st 2005... so anybody who didn't
    >> buy their copies of half life half life 2 or all the add ons
    >> available better get started and start buying those valves games on
    >> cd before they become extinct on august 31 2005... also was talking to
    >> the managers of my local gamestop and they told me in another 3 to 5
    >> years retail purchases of all games on cd will be history.. they said
    >> all game companies are slowly converting all their games for digital
    >> download on the internet using broadband or high speed internet
    >

    >Wrong, Valve already has another distributor for the addon via the retail
    >channel.

    Please learn to construct a paragraph.

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 22:13:43 -0400, Daryl Rece
    <thunderhawks52@gmail.com> wrote:

    >well valve has done said in it's press release d following the
    >vu.sierra/vale settlement, that any future updatses for all valve
    >games of half life halflife 2 and mods and add ons will totally be
    >done though the steam download service after august 31st

    They didn't state that exactly, and the general position that has
    shifted in subsequent statements. If you can't be bothered to keep up
    with the news, please stop stating things as facts.

    Daryl Rece wrote:
    > well all incase you have not heard yet about 3 or 4 weeks ago valve
    > vu games which is the parent company settled their law suit over
    > distribution rights... it was about to go to federal trial when vu
    > sierra accepted valves out of court settlement.. in which vu/sierra
    > is going to stop all distribution of valve games via cd media..the
    > only way you will be able to buy valves half life half life 2 and all
    > the add ons is through steam download service after august 31st.. also
    > the only way to purchase the valve half life 2 add on that is
    > going to be released by valve later this summer will be via the steam
    > download service.. there will be no more distributed cd's of valves
    > games on cd retail after august 31st 2005... so anybody who didn't
    > buy their copies of half life half life 2 or all the add ons
    > available better get started and start buying those valves games on
    > cd before they become extinct on august 31 2005... also was talking to
    > the managers of my local gamestop and they told me in another 3 to 5
    > years retail purchases of all games on cd will be history.. they said
    > all game companies are slowly converting all their games for digital
    > download on the internet using broadband or high speed internet

    As you say, this was 3 or 4 weeks ago. Things have changed a little
    since then.

    So the future is downloads, rather than boxes, eh? That might raise a
    few eyebrows. Well, a couple at least.

Valve Games CD-Rom Video Games