video works, but sound does not always work

I having trying figure out why the sound does not work correctly for the
following:
on the road runner home page, click on a news video, the video starts, but
the sound is distorted and sounds like a Synthesizer gone bad. I tried
several different videos, and only one worked correctly, it was credited as a
"cnn" video, the others were "ap" videos. When I went to the CNN website,
clicked on a video, it kicks off real player. The video works, but no sound,
and there was a windows message about the Windows Firewall blocking it. I
have turned off my firewalls (black ice and the Windows firewall), and can
not get the sound to work. I know the sound works because i can play CDs, use
real player, media player, itunes, and the normal chirping that my computer
does. Any suggestions??
1 answer Last reply
More about video works sound work

    If it's a "Real" video it will need real player to play it. Does it play ok
    if you try to watch it in real player?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "lizardson" <lizardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I having trying figure out why the sound does not work correctly for the
    > following:
    > on the road runner home page, click on a news video, the video starts, but
    > the sound is distorted and sounds like a Synthesizer gone bad. I tried
    > several different videos, and only one worked correctly, it was credited
    as a
    > "cnn" video, the others were "ap" videos. When I went to the CNN website,
    > clicked on a video, it kicks off real player. The video works, but no
    sound,
    > and there was a windows message about the Windows Firewall blocking it. I
    > have turned off my firewalls (black ice and the Windows firewall), and can
    > not get the sound to work. I know the sound works because i can play CDs,
    use
    > real player, media player, itunes, and the normal chirping that my
    computer
    > does. Any suggestions??

Video Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP