My question has to do with the size of movies. To me, it seems that if you
want to burn a home video, it should be captured and burned in the highest
quality possible. When doing that, the file sizes are huge. I have never
actually put 2 hours worth of footage together of my kids, but from the
smaller sizes that I have played around with, it seems like the file size
would be bigger than the size of a dvd (not including the dvd menu items).
What format should I capture in to have a great quality 2 hour movie, but
have it small enough that it could be burnt to dvd?

Using Windows XP with SP2, I find that large video files (.avi) up to 8Gb
cannot be opened due to DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION errors. Each time the
fault occurs, I receive the following message printed in red on the document.
"The program which is closed is Windows Explorer". turning off DEP does not
help. Is there a definitive maximum size of file acceptable to XP without
crashing. Does the file type effect the issue? Any help would be appreciated