transferring video

Hi all,

Just playing with the new camera.

I've 'transferred' a pic but for the life of me can't transfer the video.

Any secrets? Camera/software is supposedly working (green light flashing) but
that's about as far as it goes.

--
....· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Raelene wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just playing with the new camera.
>
> I've 'transferred' a pic but for the life of me can't transfer the
> video.
>
> Any secrets? Camera/software is supposedly working (green light
> flashing) but that's about as far as it goes.

Usually there is no difference in the way videos and pics are transferred.
Look in the folder where your images are and see if there are any avi or mov
files there.

Also - let us know what kind of camera and computer you have - otherwise
it's like trying to tell you how to do a left turn, without knowing whether
you're in a plant, train, or automobile. We'd hate to steer you wrong. ;-)
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

"Mike Russell" <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote in message
> Raelene wrote:
> > Hi all, Just playing with the new camera.
> >
> > I've 'transferred' a pic but for the life of me can't transfer the video.
> >
> > Any secrets? Camera/software is supposedly working (green light flashing)
but that's about as far as it goes.

> Usually there is no difference in the way videos and pics are transferred.
> Look in the folder where your images are and see if there are any avi or mov
files there.

> Also - let us know what kind of camera and computer you have - otherwise
> it's like trying to tell you how to do a left turn, without knowing whether
> you're in a plant, train, or automobile. We'd hate to steer you wrong. ;-)
>
> Mike Russell > www.curvemeister.com > www.geigy.2y.net

Nope, nothing in any folder. Mind you, I found one .mov file but
Quicktime (latest ver) won't play it.... something about unrecognised format.

For more info, here's an edited copy of the email sent to Kodak, their reply
then mine.

In essence, they said try updating Quicktime. I did that and no difference.

R.
xxx

***
I've done as you suggested and downloaded/installed the Quicktime. However the
problem has not altered. I have a Kodak Easyshare CX7430.

I've also updated the Kodak Easyshare program and installed a 128mb memory card
into the camera.

I've also reinstalled the Easyshare software (to try and get the wizard back).
No difference. Thus far I've taken 1 picture and three video clips. I've
managed to get the picture to the pc but can't do the videos.

Sometimes Kodak Easyshare software will 'light up' when I turn the camera on (to
transfer pictures) and other times it doesn't. When it does, a screen will
appear saying that it's searching for pictures and a little magnifying glass
appears, going around in circles........... it'll do this for at least half
an hour.

The light flashes green on the camera. Yes, the clips are there, in the
camera. But I can't, for the life of me, get the video clips to the pc and I
dare say it certainly shouldn't take more than 30 mins. to do it.

HELP!!

Raelene (Perth)
xxx