Upgrading Hard Drive Question

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
August 9, 2005 4:53:10 AM

I'm pretty sure that this is my motherboard:

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

How can I find out if it can handle a large hard
drive (bigger than 120 gigabytes) using Windows XP?
Thanks.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 9, 2005 9:52:52 AM

email them..they have been responsive to email questions.

And i believe you need xp SP1 for large drive support.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 9, 2005 3:01:59 PM

Doug Krause <dkrause@ratcage.com> wrote

> I'm pretty sure that this is my motherboard:

> http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

> How can I find out if it can handle a large hard drive
> (bigger than 120 gigabytes) using Windows XP?

Very unlikely indeed to not support drives that big.
a b G Storage
August 12, 2005 5:21:00 AM

In article <1123591972.581162.30780@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<zigipha@hotmail.com> wrote:

>email them..they have been responsive to email questions.
>
>And i believe you need xp SP1 for large drive support.

I just got a response. The motherboard only supports
drives up to 137 gigabytes. Disappointing because
I had my eyes on a 160 for a nice price. :-(
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 12, 2005 5:21:01 AM

"Doug Krause" wrote:
> [.........] The motherboard only supports
> drives up to 137 gigabytes. Disappointing because
> I had my eyes on a 160 for a nice price. :-(

So get a PCI controller card that *will* handle
greater than 137GB hard drives.

*TimDaniels*
!