Upgrading Hard Drive Question

I'm pretty sure that this is my motherboard:

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

How can I find out if it can handle a large hard
drive (bigger than 120 gigabytes) using Windows XP?
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrading hard drive question

    email them..they have been responsive to email questions.

    And i believe you need xp SP1 for large drive support.

    Doug Krause <dkrause@ratcage.com> wrote

    > I'm pretty sure that this is my motherboard:

    > http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

    > How can I find out if it can handle a large hard drive
    > (bigger than 120 gigabytes) using Windows XP?

    Very unlikely indeed to not support drives that big.

    In article <1123591972.581162.30780@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
    <zigipha@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >email them..they have been responsive to email questions.
    >
    >And i believe you need xp SP1 for large drive support.

    I just got a response. The motherboard only supports
    drives up to 137 gigabytes. Disappointing because
    I had my eyes on a 160 for a nice price. :-(

    "Doug Krause" wrote:
    > [.........] The motherboard only supports
    > drives up to 137 gigabytes. Disappointing because
    > I had my eyes on a 160 for a nice price. :-(

    So get a PCI controller card that *will* handle
    greater than 137GB hard drives.

    *TimDaniels*

Hardware Hard Drives Storage