avi Codec Help?

November 27, 2004 10:17:35 PM

I have an avi file that WMP10 cannot play as it does not have the required
codec.
Does anyone know how to find which codec is required?

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

More about : avi codec

Anonymous
November 27, 2004 10:17:36 PM

"Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
> I have an avi file that WMP10 cannot play as it does not have the
required
> codec.
> Does anyone know how to find which codec is required?

Download and install the ffdshow codec from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ It's the only codec I've
installed beyond the ones which WMP will automatically download, and I
haven't met an avi file I couldn't play in a VERY long time.

MVP Chris Lanier agrees with me, so he must be right:
http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/10453.aspx

Regards,
Ian.
!