avi Codec Help?

I have an avi file that WMP10 cannot play as it does not have the required
codec.
Does anyone know how to find which codec is required?

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

    "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
    > I have an avi file that WMP10 cannot play as it does not have the
    required
    > codec.
    > Does anyone know how to find which codec is required?

    Download and install the ffdshow codec from here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/ It's the only codec I've
    installed beyond the ones which WMP will automatically download, and I
    haven't met an avi file I couldn't play in a VERY long time.

    MVP Chris Lanier agrees with me, so he must be right:
    http://msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/10453.aspx

    Regards,
    Ian.

Video Codec AVI Microsoft Windows XP