DVD Player Problem

Whenever I insert a DVD into my player on any player, the disc will load and
my computer will recognize it. But then while it tries to play it, the screen
goes black and I have to reboot for the computer to work. Thanks for the
help...
2 answers Last reply
More about player problem

    Not sure if this is helpful to anyone who can help me, but when I tried a
    different movie, the screen went black like usual, but then the screen came
    back and looked like it was in Safe Mode. This message appeared with it, "
    The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and
    reboot the system to restore full display functionally. The next time you
    reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload
    data about this failure to Microsoft. I didn't get the chance to upload my
    data, but i did get some information. Not sure if this is helpful but it's
    worth a shot. Here's what I got...

    BCCode : ea BCP1 : 82DB1B08 BCP2 : 82CC9008 BCP3 : 82E301F0
    BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

    C:\DOCUME~1\Office\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2167.dir00\Mini112704-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Office\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2167.dir00\sysdata.xml

    I would try uninstalling the DVD playing software and if not fixed, try new
    video drivers or reinstall the ones you have.

    "Iccir919" <Iccir919@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this is helpful to anyone who can help me, but when I tried a
    > different movie, the screen went black like usual, but then the screen
    came
    > back and looked like it was in Safe Mode. This message appeared with it, "
    > The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work
    and
    > reboot the system to restore full display functionally. The next time you
    > reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to
    upload
    > data about this failure to Microsoft. I didn't get the chance to upload my
    > data, but i did get some information. Not sure if this is helpful but it's
    > worth a shot. Here's what I got...
    >
    > BCCode : ea BCP1 : 82DB1B08 BCP2 : 82CC9008 BCP3 : 82E301F0
    > BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
    >
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Office\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2167.dir00\Mini112704-01.dmp
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Office\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2167.dir00\sysdata.xml

Video DVD Players Microsoft Computers Windows XP