sue

I had been editing a series of digital video clips with
windows movie maker without incident for about an hour,
when I received a message that the file (the file that was
open, the one I was working on) could not be found and did
I want to browse for it. I replied yes and browsed to the
location. Movie maker let me continue editing, but
required that I browse for the file with each
edit....Until I got a message that an error had occurred
when trying to play the video. At that point, movie maker
wouldn't play any of the clips. The error message provided
no additional detail and I now can't play or edit the
video. Does anyone have any idea what happened and how to
fix it? Thanks for your help.

Sue

If you reboot the machine does it work again properly?
What are the file types? If you don't know, where did they come from,
camcorder etc? How did you get them on to the pc?
What are the pc specs?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had been editing a series of digital video clips with
> windows movie maker without incident for about an hour,
> when I received a message that the file (the file that was
> open, the one I was working on) could not be found and did
> I want to browse for it. I replied yes and browsed to the
> location. Movie maker let me continue editing, but
> required that I browse for the file with each
> edit....Until I got a message that an error had occurred
> when trying to play the video. At that point, movie maker
> wouldn't play any of the clips. The error message provided
> no additional detail and I now can't play or edit the
> video. Does anyone have any idea what happened and how to
> fix it? Thanks for your help.
>
> Sue

Hugo

I've been having the same problem.
Exactly the same word by word. I am able to drag the video files to the
timeline, but it won't play them. It would say "Unknown error occured". Try
to produce the movie at any format and it would give an error message.
I tried removing SP2 and re-installing it again but no luck.
Maybe someone else as the answer.

Hugo.

"Sue" wrote:

> I had been editing a series of digital video clips with
> windows movie maker without incident for about an hour,
> when I received a message that the file (the file that was
> open, the one I was working on) could not be found and did
> I want to browse for it. I replied yes and browsed to the
> location. Movie maker let me continue editing, but
> required that I browse for the file with each
> edit....Until I got a message that an error had occurred
> when trying to play the video. At that point, movie maker
> wouldn't play any of the clips. The error message provided
> no additional detail and I now can't play or edit the
> video. Does anyone have any idea what happened and how to
> fix it? Thanks for your help.
>
> Sue

Could you answer the questions as well then Hugo?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media