CD/DVD Burning Software - Need Recommendations

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Had to do a complete reformat (due to user stupidity) and reinstall
everything.

I'm at the point of choosing which CD/DVD burning software - I have both
Nero 6 and Roxio Easy Media 7 available.

My reason for asking is that problems seem to be cropping up with Nero 6's
Nero Vision Express (Visual C++ runtime errors).

Would appreciate thoughts/input as to which software to choose. Primarily
use my DVD burner to back up files/photos, create video slideshows (to be
played on a DVD player) and some video editing/DVD creation.

Thanx!
3 answers Last reply
More about burning software recommendations
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:56:54 GMT, No Where Man wrote:

    > Had to do a complete reformat (due to user stupidity) and reinstall
    > everything.
    >
    > I'm at the point of choosing which CD/DVD burning software - I have both
    > Nero 6 and Roxio Easy Media 7 available.
    >
    > My reason for asking is that problems seem to be cropping up with Nero 6's
    > Nero Vision Express (Visual C++ runtime errors).
    >
    > Would appreciate thoughts/input as to which software to choose. Primarily
    > use my DVD burner to back up files/photos, create video slideshows (to be
    > played on a DVD player) and some video editing/DVD creation.
    >
    > Thanx!

    I prefer Nero but am currently using Roxio as it best supports the hardware
    that I have installed. I guess what I'm trying to say, is use whatever
    works best on *your* setup.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    http://www.firestreamer.com - NTBACKUP to DVD and DV

    "No Where Man" <nowhere@noman.com> wrote in message
    > Had to do a complete reformat (due to user stupidity) and reinstall
    > everything.
    >
    > I'm at the point of choosing which CD/DVD burning software - I have both
    > Nero 6 and Roxio Easy Media 7 available.
    >
    > My reason for asking is that problems seem to be cropping up with Nero 6's
    > Nero Vision Express (Visual C++ runtime errors).
    >
    > Would appreciate thoughts/input as to which software to choose. Primarily
    > use my DVD burner to back up files/photos, create video slideshows (to be
    > played on a DVD player) and some video editing/DVD creation.
    >
    > Thanx!

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    I had problems with Nero - make sure you have the very latest update (free to
    download from Nero) as this solved my problem

    "No Where Man" wrote:

    > Had to do a complete reformat (due to user stupidity) and reinstall
    > everything.
    >
    > I'm at the point of choosing which CD/DVD burning software - I have both
    > Nero 6 and Roxio Easy Media 7 available.
    >
    > My reason for asking is that problems seem to be cropping up with Nero 6's
    > Nero Vision Express (Visual C++ runtime errors).
    >
    > Would appreciate thoughts/input as to which software to choose. Primarily
    > use my DVD burner to back up files/photos, create video slideshows (to be
    > played on a DVD player) and some video editing/DVD creation.
    >
    > Thanx!

Video Software DVD Burning CD-Rom Nero Microsoft Windows XP