How do you capture still pictures from a video?

I was wondering, when I wanted to take a picture from a video (using the
"Print Screen" button), then pasting it into a picture-editing program, it
doesn't "stay". When I close the video, or play it, the picture is lost.
How do I make the picture stay?
4 answers Last reply
More about capture pictures video

    What editing app are you using?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "MusicLaunch" <MusicLaunch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was wondering, when I wanted to take a picture from a video (using the
    > "Print Screen" button), then pasting it into a picture-editing program, it
    > doesn't "stay". When I close the video, or play it, the picture is lost.
    > How do I make the picture stay?

    I was using Photoshop, but even when I tried Piant, it doesn't work.

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > What editing app are you using?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "MusicLaunch" <MusicLaunch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I was wondering, when I wanted to take a picture from a video (using the
    > > "Print Screen" button), then pasting it into a picture-editing program, it
    > > doesn't "stay". When I close the video, or play it, the picture is lost.
    > > How do I make the picture stay?

    Thanks, Graham Hughes and Herbert Chan, this really helped.

    "MusicLaunch" wrote:

    > I was wondering, when I wanted to take a picture from a video (using the
    > "Print Screen" button), then pasting it into a picture-editing program, it
    > doesn't "stay". When I close the video, or play it, the picture is lost.
    > How do I make the picture stay?

    How about trying to run it with Windows Media Player. You can then press
    ctrl-i to capture the picture.

    "MusicLaunch" <MusicLaunch@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:7D49DA98-22AA-4B39-A409-3B3752306A59@microsoft.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > I was using Photoshop, but even when I tried Piant, it doesn't work.
    >
    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > What editing app are you using?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "MusicLaunch" <MusicLaunch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I was wondering, when I wanted to take a picture from a video (using
    the
    > > > "Print Screen" button), then pasting it into a picture-editing
    program, it
    > > > doesn't "stay". When I close the video, or play it, the picture is
    lost.
    > > > How do I make the picture stay?

Video Microsoft Windows XP