Basic video machine

Using WMM, what are the basics for an off-the -shelf (e.g. Dell, HP, etc)
machine that will handle most home movies; specifically, hard drive type
(size, I already know is big), graphics card (I'm confused by cards for
gaming vs. editing), if its firewire fitted, is there more to consider,
processor type. Then, if one wants to upgrade and earlier processor type
machine, what are the most important components 1st.
1 answer Last reply
More about basic video machine

    Youre best bet is to build youre own if youre able,its really fairly simple
    and
    much less expensive than a name brand that probably wouldnt have the
    capabilities you can install yourself,any computer shop would love to help
    you
    in this adventure.The video editing is simply a graphics type card that
    lets you
    connect various input items for editing or recording,youre vhs video player
    is
    an example,the cards run 50.00 - 100.00 generally.If video editing is going
    be youre interest,youre computer needs all the ram it can take,1gb is
    adequate,
    an intel processor works best,get the best you can afford.

    "Barry" wrote:

    > Using WMM, what are the basics for an off-the -shelf (e.g. Dell, HP, etc)
    > machine that will handle most home movies; specifically, hard drive type
    > (size, I already know is big), graphics card (I'm confused by cards for
    > gaming vs. editing), if its firewire fitted, is there more to consider,
    > processor type. Then, if one wants to upgrade and earlier processor type
    > machine, what are the most important components 1st.

Video Windows XP