Barry

Using WMM, what are the basics for an off-the -shelf (e.g. Dell, HP, etc)
machine that will handle most home movies; specifically, hard drive type
(size, I already know is big), graphics card (I'm confused by cards for
gaming vs. editing), if its firewire fitted, is there more to consider,
processor type. Then, if one wants to upgrade and earlier processor type
machine, what are the most important components 1st.

Youre best bet is to build youre own if youre able,its really fairly simple
and
much less expensive than a name brand that probably wouldnt have the
capabilities you can install yourself,any computer shop would love to help
you
in this adventure.The video editing is simply a graphics type card that
lets you
connect various input items for editing or recording,youre vhs video player
is
an example,the cards run 50.00 - 100.00 generally.If video editing is going
be youre interest,youre computer needs all the ram it can take,1gb is
adequate,
an intel processor works best,get the best you can afford.