Green screen?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will give it a shot. I've
been trying to watch DVD's on my computer for a while, but it keeps saying I
need to install a DVD decoder. That's strange, because I bought my computer
at BestBuy and it came with one. I've watched movies on my computer before,
but reformated everything to get rid of spyware and adware. I found the DVD
software on the cd that came with the comuter and loaded it. Now, I can
actually get into a menu for the DVD's and hear sound, but when I try to
watch them the video is just a green screen. Why is it doing this? Please
help. Thank you in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about green screen

    Which decoder are you using? What app are you watching them in? Have you
    looked for updates to the two of them?

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "JGordon24" <JGordon24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I will give it a shot.
    I've
    > been trying to watch DVD's on my computer for a while, but it keeps saying
    > need to install a DVD decoder. That's strange, because I bought my
    computer
    > at BestBuy and it came with one. I've watched movies on my computer
    before,
    > but reformated everything to get rid of spyware and adware. I found the
    DVD
    > software on the cd that came with the comuter and loaded it. Now, I can
    > actually get into a menu for the DVD's and hear sound, but when I try to
    > watch them the video is just a green screen. Why is it doing this? Please
    > help. Thank you in advance.

Video DVD Computers Windows XP