Powershot s60 blurry images

Hi!

I recently bought a canon powershot s60 and after taking a couple of
images, noticed that the right side of the photo is nearly always
blurry while the left side and center are super sharp. I tested
various focus and other setting, wiped the lens with a soft colth,
etc. but with no luck. It is most noticeable on outdoor shots (right
side is very blurry then).

Maybe I have a lemon ?

Take a look:

http://img11.paintedover.com/uploads/11/powershots60image.jpg

Put the camera down or on a tripod and take some timer exposures.
I suspect that you are moving the camera when you press the shutter.
From your description you are tilting the camera as you push.

Pj

"Wayne" <wayne123@o2.pl> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I recently bought a canon powershot s60 and after taking a couple of
> images, noticed that the right side of the photo is nearly always
> blurry while the left side and center are super sharp. I tested
> various focus and other setting, wiped the lens with a soft colth,
> etc. but with no luck. It is most noticeable on outdoor shots (right
> side is very blurry then).
>
> Maybe I have a lemon ?
>
> Take a look:
>
> http://img11.paintedover.com/uploads/11/powershots60image.jpg

You have a defective lens on that camera. Take it back to the store and
exchange it.
Or maybe trash inside the camera. Yes, I would say you have a lemon.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in news:hi8dd.7642$q%7.2043
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

> "Wayne" <wayne123@o2.pl> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>>
>> I recently bought a canon powershot s60 and after taking a couple of
>> images, noticed that the right side of the photo is nearly always
>> blurry while the left side and center are super sharp. I tested
>> various focus and other setting, wiped the lens with a soft colth,
>> etc. but with no luck. It is most noticeable on outdoor shots (right
>> side is very blurry then).
>>
>> Maybe I have a lemon ?
>>
>> Take a look:
>>
>> http://img11.paintedover.com/uploads/11/powershots60image.jpg
>
> You have a defective lens on that camera. Take it back to the store and
> exchange it.
> Or maybe trash inside the camera. Yes, I would say you have a lemon.

After looking at your picture, I have to agree with CSM1. I would take it
back and exchange it.

Scientists say 1 out of every 4
people are crazy. Check 3 friends,
if they're OK, you're it.