Please help..I have a Sony DCR-TRV730 Camcorder .I'm trying to figure out how
to connect it and record to my Sony VAIO Computer.I would like to record my
tapes to DVD. I know this is proibably pretty easy but I'm sort of new to
this.So make it simple
Thanks

--
Pat

You need a firewire cable and port on the computer. Sony call this i-link
and the proper name is ieee1394a. Have a look in device manager of the pc to
see if you have one.
start
control panel
system
hardware
device manager
You should see ieee 1394 bus nost controllers
if you have one. Then is just finding it.
See http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=firewire&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi
for pictures of the different types, there are 6 pin and 4 pin. 4 pin are
normally found on the camcorders and laptops.
You then need to connect the cam and pc, start up movie maker and edit the
movie. save this as a dv-avi file, import it into the dvd authoring app
which came with your dvd burner and then make the dvd.
I have skipped through these bits, and we can answer more questions on them
when you get that far :)
For extra reading, try www.papajohn.org and www.dvdrhelp.com

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> You need a firewire cable and port on the computer. Sony call this i-link
> and the proper name is ieee1394a. Have a look in device manager of the pc to
> see if you have one.
> start
> control panel
> system
> hardware
> device manager
> You should see ieee 1394 bus nost controllers
> if you have one. Then is just finding it.
> See http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=firewire&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi
> for pictures of the different types, there are 6 pin and 4 pin. 4 pin are
> normally found on the camcorders and laptops.
> You then need to connect the cam and pc, start up movie maker and edit the
> movie. save this as a dv-avi file, import it into the dvd authoring app
> which came with your dvd burner and then make the dvd.
> I have skipped through these bits, and we can answer more questions on them
> when you get that far :)
> For extra reading, try www.papajohn.org and www.dvdrhelp.com
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "PatEcken" <PatEcken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please help..I have a Sony DCR-TRV730 Camcorder .I'm trying to figure out
> how
> > to connect it and record to my Sony VAIO Computer.I would like to record
> my
> > tapes to DVD. I know this is proibably pretty easy but I'm sort of new to
> > this.So make it simple
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Pat
>
> Thanks so much .But one more question.. I'm trying to use Sony's Click to DVD program and it seems alittle complicated for me..Is there a better and easier DVD maker program you can recommmend ...withthis one a cannot figure out how to fill up the DVD because once I start a new tape to copy it tells me to install another DVD

Apps like this will make you use one tape per dvd. If you want flexibility
like this you will need to save teh movies to your hard drive as a dv-avi
file, edit them and save to hdd. Save all the movies you want on one dvd and
then use the authoring app to put them on to dvd. I'm not sure if the sony
app will let you do this.

--

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > You need a firewire cable and port on the computer. Sony call this
i-link
> > and the proper name is ieee1394a. Have a look in device manager of the
pc to
> > see if you have one.
> > start
> > control panel
> > system
> > hardware
> > device manager
> > You should see ieee 1394 bus nost controllers
> > if you have one. Then is just finding it.
> > See http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=firewire&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi
> > for pictures of the different types, there are 6 pin and 4 pin. 4 pin
are
> > normally found on the camcorders and laptops.
> > You then need to connect the cam and pc, start up movie maker and edit
the
> > movie. save this as a dv-avi file, import it into the dvd authoring app
> > which came with your dvd burner and then make the dvd.
> > I have skipped through these bits, and we can answer more questions on
them
> > when you get that far :)
> > For extra reading, try www.papajohn.org and www.dvdrhelp.com
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "PatEcken" <PatEcken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Please help..I have a Sony DCR-TRV730 Camcorder .I'm trying to figure
out
> > how
> > > to connect it and record to my Sony VAIO Computer.I would like to
record
> > my
> > > tapes to DVD. I know this is proibably pretty easy but I'm sort of new
> > > this.So make it simple
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > --
> > > Pat
> >
> > Thanks so much .But one more question.. I'm trying to use Sony's Click
to DVD program and it seems alittle complicated for me..Is there a better
and easier DVD maker program you can recommmend ...withthis one a cannot
figure out how to fill up the DVD because once I start a new tape to copy it
tells me to install another DVD

Graham you much be very smart on a computers! Now, tell us how do you save a
movie maker to DV-AVI file? Then how do you import the file to Sonic 5? I
tried to just down load my Sony trv80 to Sonic and it would not recognized
the commera. Any help would be great.

Lavon Boone