Default codec for windows XP

December 1, 2004 11:53:03 PM

Hello I want to distribute a 3D animation to windows users but want to use a
codec that comes with windows XP. EG I do not want the users to have to
install a codec or do not want windows media play to have to download one.

Thanks

More about : default codec windows

December 3, 2004 5:13:48 PM

You would almost certainly have to go with dx3d in order to avoid the codec
trap, but, you are still going to have some compatibility issues between
Windows dx versions.

Try posing your question to the experts in the following newsgroup...

microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.graphics

--
Digger

news:D 5A4029A-64E1-459B-9EE0-7B52ECC6559A@microsoft.com...

!