small external hard drive

Hi,

I'm looking for a the smallest possible usb hard drive (the best
possible would be if it was a casing for a laptop hard drive). To put
in my bag and store multimedia files (video, pictures...). The olny
thre real requirments i have are its veryy durable, usb-powered, and
small.

I don't want something flash based, or something that is meant to be an
mp3 player (aka carrying around an extra older ipod).

thanks for the help in advance,

dan
2 answers Last reply
More about small external hard drive

    "H" <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124830696.357987.90110
    @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking for a the smallest possible usb hard drive (the best
    > possible would be if it was a casing for a laptop hard drive). To put
    > in my bag and store multimedia files (video, pictures...). The olny
    > thre real requirments i have are its veryy durable, usb-powered, and
    > small.
    >
    > I don't want something flash based, or something that is meant to be an
    > mp3 player (aka carrying around an extra older ipod).
    >
    > thanks for the help in advance,
    >
    > dan

    Dan,

    If 4GB is big enough, this is available at CompUSA for $79 (after rebate,
    of course!):

    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=317017

    If not, you can buy almost any 2.5" notebook hard disk (40GB and up) and
    get an external USB 2.0 enclosure for around $30.

    Eric

    Do you mean "smallest" physically, or capacity-wise?

    If the former, then you may want to look at some LaCie drives (probably
    also available under other brands). They have some very small ones -
    quite a bit smaller than laptop drives, and they come in several
    capacities. Can't recall the model name, sorry.

Hard Drives External Hard Drive Storage