small external hard drive

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
August 23, 2005 5:58:16 PM

Hi,

I'm looking for a the smallest possible usb hard drive (the best
possible would be if it was a casing for a laptop hard drive). To put
in my bag and store multimedia files (video, pictures...). The olny
thre real requirments i have are its veryy durable, usb-powered, and
small.

I don't want something flash based, or something that is meant to be an
mp3 player (aka carrying around an extra older ipod).

thanks for the help in advance,

dan
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 23, 2005 8:46:37 PM

"H" <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124830696.357987.90110
@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a the smallest possible usb hard drive (the best
> possible would be if it was a casing for a laptop hard drive). To put
> in my bag and store multimedia files (video, pictures...). The olny
> thre real requirments i have are its veryy durable, usb-powered, and
> small.
>
> I don't want something flash based, or something that is meant to be an
> mp3 player (aka carrying around an extra older ipod).
>
> thanks for the help in advance,
>
> dan

Dan,

If 4GB is big enough, this is available at CompUSA for $79 (after rebate,
of course!):

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?produc...

If not, you can buy almost any 2.5" notebook hard disk (40GB and up) and
get an external USB 2.0 enclosure for around $30.

Eric
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 25, 2005 7:07:52 AM

Do you mean "smallest" physically, or capacity-wise?

If the former, then you may want to look at some LaCie drives (probably
also available under other brands). They have some very small ones -
quite a bit smaller than laptop drives, and they come in several
capacities. Can't recall the model name, sorry.
!