POLL how many pc games have you bought in may 2005

Last response: in Video Games
May 31, 2005 4:53:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

as usual the same monthly poll
how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
proper packaged box retail versions
don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
everyone is watching!
no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

More about : poll games bought 2005

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 4:55:49 AM

4

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:04:34 AM

steamKILLER wrote:
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

I bought no games in May, so I must have stolen them all.

Unfortunately, someone seems to have stolen them from me before I even
found out what it was I had stolen. In fact, they even stole my memory
of stealing the games.

How else can I explain the fact that I have bought no games (and am
therefore a scum thief pirate)and still have the same number of games
at the end of the month as at the start?
May 31, 2005 6:16:08 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

One!

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion

I'm too busy replaying Incubation and finally getting around to
Vampire: Bloodlines to be bothered with purchasing more at the moment!

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

zero, i'm too busy in WoW !!
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:19:00 AM

steamKILLER wrote:

> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

Oh lets see
I have for my own use bought following games through the years

Space Quest (Roger Wilco)
Half-life Generations pack
Gunman Chronicles
Homeworld 1, 2 + 3
Half-life 2

Currently when it comes to PC games I have only Steam and Valve games
installed on my own computer
Not playing much though - mostly mapping and doing 3D modeling for HL2

Power to all Steam games!

HTH
May 31, 2005 11:02:49 AM

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>
> 4
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Which operating system are you running these 4 games on.

BTW, like chadwick, I too much be a scum pirate because there were no games
released in May that I have any interest in and therefore I must have stolen
them

I sure you MR Steamkiller doesn't work for any statistical analysis
companies with the conclusions he makes here.

I will say this, the most entertaining guy on the net though.

The movie chicken little is coming out this summer (I think) , that is who
he reminds me off, running around helling "the sky is falling , the sky is
falling".
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:53:31 PM

steamKILLER wrote:
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows:
"That question was [not] stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly
stupid way."

I wish someone without a bizarre agenda had asked this. I would have
answered that I have bought and played only one PC game in all of 2005:
World of Warcraft. (Also bought one console title, Psychonauts, to
support Tim Schaeffer.)

Even though I consider myself a casual gamer (less than 15 total gaming
hours a week), I'm shocked at the amount of time I've devoted to that
game, and at the fact that I'm not bored with it yet. I'm not going to
list my total gaming hours, but I will say this: Despite the fact that
I paid a rather high price for the game itself (for a then out-of-print
Collector's Edition) and I've been paying monthly subscription fees
since March, I've only paid 42 cents for every gaming hour this year,
versus $1 for every gaming hour when I used to buy a PC game every 2
weeks... and that's not even accounting for all the console titles I
used to buy.

There honestly aren't ANY offline RPGs available today which I'm
interested in that I haven't already played twice. There are a number
currently in development that threaten to break my online habit once
they arrive, though.
May 31, 2005 2:00:43 PM

Waldorf wrote:
> zero, i'm too busy in WoW !!

Ahhh but you still pay every month for WoW so it's like buying the same
game over and over again. :-\

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Roger Christie wrote:
> --
>
> Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > as usual the same monthly poll
> > how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> > again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> > proper packaged box retail versions
> > don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> > the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> > filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> > so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> > everyone is watching!
> > no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> > and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
> >
> > --
> > post made in a steam-free computer
> > i said "NO" to valve and steam
> >

> Piss off, troll.

This is as good as it gets. Save your fire for when it's needed.
May 31, 2005 2:33:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Zero
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:33:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

--

Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Piss off, troll.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:08:01 PM

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

2

- Fritz 8
- Majestic Chess.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:49:14 PM

"no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!and stealing means you
are a scum thief pirate!"

Parker, you hit the nail on the head. I was going to comment on how my
zero was sad indication of the Rpg market lately, only to realize I am a
thief!

Chadwick, LOL funny.

cheers

Hawklan
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:13:45 PM

On 31 May 2005 00:53:07 -0700, steamKILLER wrote:

> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

Pre-ordered the German release of Dungeon Lords, but it was pushed back to
June, so I guess it doesn't count. I've bought no other game in May, and
was busy with WoW.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

17,736,906,561 give or take one or two

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 8:01:50 PM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:02:49 -0400, "General" <g@eneral.com> wrote:

snippy snip

>I will say this, the most entertaining guy on the net though.
>
>The movie chicken little is coming out this summer (I think) , that is who
>he reminds me off, running around helling "the sky is falling , the sky is
>falling".

couldn't agree more.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.
May 31, 2005 11:35:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On 31 May 2005 00:53:07 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
dared speak in front of ME:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>as usual the same monthly poll

You misspelled "meaningless poll."
HTH, HAND.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

May 31, 2005 11:51:19 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

Obscure
Guild Wars
Boiling Point (hasn't arrived yet, but bought in May)

turk

--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of

"turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> as usual the same monthly poll
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>
> Obscure
> Guild Wars
> Boiling Point (hasn't arrived yet, but bought in May)

And almost forgot...
Runaway
Moment of Silence
(love those GoGamer 48 hr. specials)

turk
--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of
Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King
impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold
hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the
first place.
-- Richard Dawkins, The Devil's Chaplain (2004)
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:32:28 AM

Bitstring <1117558411.193879.287440@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, from
the wonderful person Josh Mayfield <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> said
<snip>
>There honestly aren't ANY offline RPGs available today which I'm
>interested in that I haven't already played twice. There are a number
>currently in development that threaten to break my online habit once
>they arrive, though.

I haven't =bought= any, but I've spent the last 4-5 weeks playing (beta
testing) Geneforge 3, which is (IMO) not quite so much fun as 1 or 2,
but still a couple of orders of magnitude better than the other offering
of 2005 so far.

Doubtless Jeff Vogel will announce it here as soon as the beta testers
finish breaking it, which shouldn't be too long. 8>.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
June 1, 2005 2:46:32 AM

On 31 May 2005 00:55:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

6

Full Spectrum Warrior $4.98 at Target
Blood $2.00 at Half Price Books
Marathon 2: Durandal $1.00 at Half Price Books
Combat Flight Simulator $2.48 at Target
Max Payne $2.48 at Target
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $4.98 at Target

oh and i bought 19 PS2 games too but they don't count..

toadie
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:06:21 AM

8" of pure goodness here.

Did I win?
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:21:50 AM

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:

> To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows:
> "That question was [not] stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly
> stupid way."
>
> I wish someone without a bizarre agenda had asked this. I would have
> answered that I have bought and played only one PC game in all of 2005:
> World of Warcraft. (Also bought one console title, Psychonauts, to
> support Tim Schaeffer.)

He asks this question (and getting stupider every time he does) every
month.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:26:35 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

A fish

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:27:22 AM

On 31 May 2005 09:53:31 -0700, "Josh Mayfield"
<ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> wrote:

>steamKILLER wrote:
>> as usual the same monthly poll
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
>> proper packaged box retail versions
>> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
>> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
>> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
>> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
>> everyone is watching!
>> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
>> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
>To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows:
>"That question was [not] stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly
>stupid way."

To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows, ok, it's not a prarphrase
it's a direct quote:
"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:27:23 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:

> x-coward: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

I've bought around 20 games this month, including console games.

> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions

Yes they do too count.

> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number

Translation: I lie about how many games I bought and am not smart enough to
make up 4 titles I didn't buy, so I don't want anyone else listing theirs
either to make me look bad.

> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers

Yeah. Right.

> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!

You need to go back and read Engrish For Dummies again.

> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

Yeah right, or maybe they just played the games they already owned, or
maybe they didn't find anything worth buying this month.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:27:55 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

I don't actually keep track of my monthly gaming purchases, but I believe I
bought 1 or 2 PC games in the month of May (I think they were Delta Force
Xtreme and Monopoly). The biggest problem I have right now is that games
have been shipping on multiple CD's or DVD in the last year, and my hard
drives have *really* taken a hit as a result. It's gotten bad enough that I
partitioned off 40GB of my second hard drive specifically for games a few
months back and even that's almost full now. I have been working towards
completing more games lately and finished off three games recently and am
well on my way to completing a fourth. That should help me reclaim some
space. I have no plans to buy any games in the month of June. I will
instead concentrate on finishing the backlog that I have.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:52:50 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

after one day... only 25 pc games bought in may 2005!
its a total disgrace and shame for this group!
are we only worth 25 pc games a month????
come one fellow pc gamers we must be better than this!
next month lets at least triple this number!
and please next time only disclose the amount of pc
games bought and nothing else! we only want to know
about pc games! please!
long live pc games!

totals may 2005 (after one day os posts)
total number of pc gamers: 7
total number of pc games bought: 25
top pc gamers: Spalls Hurgenson and toadie05
pc gamers list:
number/pcgamer
6 - Spalls Hurgenson
6 - toadie05
5 - turk
4 - steamKILLER
2 - LIV
1 - mattchu
1 - stePH

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 5:29:04 AM

Waldorf wrote:
> zero, i'm too busy in WoW !!

Ahhh but you still pay every month for WoW so it's like buying the same

game over and over again. :-\

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

I don't think the same.I haven't bought pc games in May.That's all.zero.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:41:23 AM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:46:32 GMT, toadie05@sbcglobal.net wrote:

>On 31 May 2005 00:55:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>x-no-archive: yes
>>
>>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>>

> 6
>
>Full Spectrum Warrior $4.98 at Target
>Blood $2.00 at Half Price Books
>Marathon 2: Durandal $1.00 at Half Price Books
>Combat Flight Simulator $2.48 at Target
>Max Payne $2.48 at Target
>Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $4.98 at Target

I must visit Target more often..... :-) :-)

John Lewis

>oh and i bought 19 PS2 games too but they don't count..
>
>toadie
June 1, 2005 12:51:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Lets see........

Forza Motorsport and Jade Empire

Oh, you said PC games ummm....

Pre-ordered Boiling Point, purely on the discussions here.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 12:51:25 PM

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 08:51:24 +1200, "rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>Lets see........
>
>Forza Motorsport and Jade Empire
>
>Oh, you said PC games ummm....
>
>Pre-ordered Boiling Point, purely on the discussions here.

So have I. However, you are aware that the game is reported to
be buggy and that the US patch has been withdrawn for unknown
reasons ? No patches for any other versions at the moment.
I shall be buying it regardless, but as I mentioned in the BP thread,
I view my purchase as a charitable contribution to a brave
attempt at true game-innovation. This is a game that will be a
classic, IF IT CAN BE REASONABLY PATCHED. However,
I am a little pessimistic at the moment... small developer,
not much obvious support from the publisher.

John Lewis

June 1, 2005 1:40:26 PM

Kaos wrote:
> On 31 May 2005 00:53:07 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>x-no-archive: yes
>>
>>as usual the same monthly poll
>

> You misspelled "meaningless poll."
> HTH, HAND.

...shoulda been meaningless troll?

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> looked up from reading the entrails of
>"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:
<snip>
>> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
>
>Translation: I lie about how many games I bought and am not smart enough to
>make up 4 titles I didn't buy, so I don't want anyone else listing theirs
>either to make me look bad.

In Steamkiller's case isn't that more likely to be "haven't played a PC
game in a decade )if ever) and far too stupid to be able to
1. pick a few names
2. remember those names
3. read enough reviews to fake knowledge of those games as though I had
played them."?

>> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
>> everyone is watching!
>
>You need to go back and read Engrish For Dummies again.

Oh come now, he's not at that high a level yet.
Let him get through English for Complete Drooling Morons first.

Xocyll
June 1, 2005 11:39:33 PM

steamKILLER wrote:
> after one day... only 25 pc games bought in may 2005!

For me: zero. Playing WoW and nothing else.

> next month lets at least triple this number!

I expect my number of purchases for June to be precisely triple my
number for May.

Cheers!
David...
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 3:37:39 AM

Knight37 wrote:
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:
>

>>x-coward: yes

>>don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
>

> Translation: I lie about how many games I bought and am not smart enough to
> make up 4 titles I didn't buy, so I don't want anyone else listing theirs
> either to make me look bad.

He has named them, he bought 4 budget games.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:33:30 AM

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions

I think I've figured it out: SpamSpewer (or, more likely, whichever
relative supports him) must work for one of the companies that
specialize in making shiny boxes for the PC game industry. Don't be so
hard on the kid - when the legit downloadable games market really takes
off, it's going to mean hard times for the whole SpamSpewer clan...
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 5:36:39 AM

Les Steel <a@aolnot.com> wrote in news:3g6rliFb2rguU1@individual.net:

> Knight37 wrote:
>> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:
>>

>>>x-coward: yes
>

>>>don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
>>

>> Translation: I lie about how many games I bought and am not smart
>> enough to make up 4 titles I didn't buy, so I don't want anyone else
>> listing theirs either to make me look bad.
>>

> He has named them, he bought 4 budget games.

one of them an EVIL Valve game
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 8:36:15 AM

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 06:41:23 GMT, john.dsl@verizon.net (John Lewis)
wrote:

>On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:46:32 GMT, toadie05@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
>>On 31 May 2005 00:55:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>x-no-archive: yes

>> 6
>>
>>Full Spectrum Warrior $4.98 at Target
>>Blood $2.00 at Half Price Books
>>Marathon 2: Durandal $1.00 at Half Price Books
>>Combat Flight Simulator $2.48 at Target
>>Max Payne $2.48 at Target
>>Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $4.98 at Target
>>

>I must visit Target more often..... :-) :-)
>
>John Lewis
>
>>oh and i bought 19 PS2 games too but they don't count..
>>
>>toadie

Target stores vary though and that's the only problem..
still i also picked up 'The Hulk' on the PS2 for $4.98 too..

toadie
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 8:38:29 AM

On 1 Jun 2005 00:52:50 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>after one day... only 25 pc games bought in may 2005!
>its a total disgrace and shame for this group!
>are we only worth 25 pc games a month????
>come one fellow pc gamers we must be better than this!
>next month lets at least triple this number!
>and please next time only disclose the amount of pc
>games bought and nothing else! we only want to know
>about pc games! please!
>long live pc games!
>
>totals may 2005 (after one day os posts)
>total number of pc gamers: 7
>total number of pc games bought: 25
>top pc gamers: Spalls Hurgenson and toadie05
>pc gamers list:
>number/pcgamer
>6 - Spalls Hurgenson
>6 - toadie05
>5 - turk
>4 - steamKILLER
>2 - LIV
>1 - mattchu
>1 - stePH

hey i bought 33 PC games in April, only managed 6 in May but i'll bet
that more than you've bought in the last 3yrs

toadie
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 4:15:55 PM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:50:56 -0400, "JMoney" <fake@tc3net.com> wrote:

>You seriously need some psychiatric help or something dude. Take a walk, or
>a vacation or something.

Please don't feed the troll. The fact that he can't tell the difference
between "PC games" and "PS2 games" doesn't mean a thing.

Anyway, since he broke out unprovoked flames in his initial post, he is
disqualified from the "poll". I won't penalize other postings, since they
are really counter-flames. Of course, some of his games that he listed as
being purchased don't really qualify under his own rules either - HL is
"steam infected", even if it is a pre-steam version. I'm not sure about
the (xplosiv) tag for Freelancer or Starlancer, buy it has the smell of
"Arrr... Matey" - don't feel like checking since he's disqualified anyway.

The correct results are:
17,736,906,561: Rene Lamontagne
10: Knight37 (estimated - reported value was 20 PC and console games)
6: Spalls Hurgenson
6: toadie
5: turk
2: LIV.
1: stePH
1: Me (not counting the Maximum PC cover disk.)

As a result, there has been a total of around 17,736,906,592 PC games
purchased in May 2005. An impressive number which solidifies the current
state of PC gaming.

There might be some faked results, but since there's no need to back up
claimsz, I'll consider them fully legitimate no matter how ridiculous they
seem - besides, any suprises could actually be true when you take on the
Interenet.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 4:10:24 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Knight37 wrote:

> You disclose which 4 pc games you bought and maybe I will.

i already told you i did that! i even told you what thread to
search for but i guess i need to repeat it only for you... ok
for someone that bought 15 pc game titles last month you deserve

i'll do a direct quote so i don't need to write is all over...

<start quote>

From: "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Subject: Re: Boiling point ?
Date: 24 May 2005

x-no-archive: yes

John Lewis wrote:

> You still have not listed for me ANY recent PC games that
> you actually own, despite my repeated requests.

ok! ok!
its obvious this is damaging pc games and taking away the
focus from the REAL issues so i'll tell what titles i've
bought so we can get over it
now first let me leave some notes before people flame me
1. yes they are all budget pc games but that doesn't mean
i don't buy full price just released titles and i do but
in may i didn't happen
2. yes it features pc games from publishers i am against
microsof has been damaging pc games by promoting consoles
and ea has been trying to take over ubisoft which is very
wrong and shows their greedy monopolistic intentions but
in either examples i don't think i should boycott their
games but rather complain about their actions
3. finally my most controversial choice... i already had
it but an older edition and i decided to buy it for three
reasons, first it will no longer be available after this
summer so this way i'll keep a copy specially cause i'm
also a collector, second although its from them it hasn't
any abusive or intrusive technologies and last its my way
of celebrating, yes it was a victory vivendi deciding to
stop selling their game so to celebrate i decided to buy it

.. starlancer (xplosiv)
.. freelancer (xplosiv)
.. need for speed underground (ea classics)
.. half-life (best seller)

as i always do all of them are english european editions in
standard dvd type packaged box cd-rom media

hope i will not be bothered again with this issue...

now that this is behind... let go back to the real and
important issues in pc games!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

<end quote>

> But I'll feel free to mention console titles too because

don't mention console titles in this group!
this is an exclusive pc game group! EXCLUSIVE!
if you want to talk consoles do it among the other consolists
in console newsgroups
NOT IN HERE! IN HERE ONLY PC GAMES! ONLY!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
the post came from a google server and that the email address
is "sayNO2steam@yahoo.com"
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:38:49 AM

steamKILLER wrote:
> that's why i have an inovative suggestion for next month
> yes next month this group will have another poll!
> and next month i'll ask poster to include a photo of the pc
> game boxes bought... its simple... you target your webcam to
> them and take a shot... nothing is not simple and easy

This group doesn't take binaries, so you won't be able to post your
pictures.
June 6, 2005 6:42:57 PM

Dude, you are the only person who posts here that has a problem with people
mentioning console games. Sure this is a PC games group, but you know what?
Gaming doesn't cover just PCs. You know what else? Just because someone
plays PC games, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to own a console too! In
fact, console gaming is just as popular. There is nothing wrong with owning
a console or buying games for it. It isn't evil, it won't send you to hell
and it certainly shouldn't make you get your panties in a bunch. Quit
insulting people for buying whatever the HECK they want to buy. Go ahead
and buy your PC games, and I will buy my Xbox games. If I see a game I want
for my computer, heck I might buy it too.

I have a dream that all gamers everywhere can come together and sing that
old gosple hymm. Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty, we are
free at last.

Don't be hatin.

JMoney

> [...]
> standard dvd type packaged box cd-rom media
>
> hope i will not be bothered again with this issue...
>
> now that this is behind... let go back to the real and
> important issues in pc games!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam
>
> <end quote>
>
>> But I'll feel free to mention console titles too because
>
> don't mention console titles in this group!
> this is an exclusive pc game group! EXCLUSIVE!
> if you want to talk consoles do it among the other consolists
> in console newsgroups
> NOT IN HERE! IN HERE ONLY PC GAMES! ONLY!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam
>
> to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
> the post came from a google server and that the email address

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:12:41 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Knight37 wrote:

<snip totally incorrect conclusions>

why do you think i quoted the full post!
i did it so you could read it all!
please read again and come back and correct your post
thank you

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
the post came from a google server and that the email address
is "sayNO2steam@yahoo.com"
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:13:45 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Xocyll wrote:

GOD DAMN IT! READ WHAT I WROTE! READ WHAT I WROTE!!!!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
the post came from a google server and that the email address
is "sayNO2steam@yahoo.com"
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:15:40 AM

x-no-archive: yes

rob wrote:

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS!!!!
DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT I WROTE????
CAN'T YOU READ ENGLISH????

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
the post came from a google server and that the email address
is "sayNO2steam@yahoo.com"
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:16:54 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Chadwick wrote:

> This group doesn't take binaries, so you won't be able to post

obviously!
but i was thinking about links all the time

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

to check authenticity of the real "steamKILLER" reassure that
the post came from a google server and that the email address
is "sayNO2steam@yahoo.com"
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:21:29 AM

x-no-archive: yes

Knight37 wrote:

> I'd be very curious for SteamKILLER to post a shot of his

i'm not doubting your word about the 15 pc game titles bought
in may but i would for sure like to see a picture of them

> I'm sure it's BEAUTIFUL with all those WONDERFUL boxes.

and you being american have obvious advantages cause the u.s.
packaging is much more "photogenic" than the poor european one

--

!