POLL how many pc games have you bought in may 2005

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

as usual the same monthly poll
how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
proper packaged box retail versions
don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
everyone is watching!
no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

steamKILLER wrote:
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

I bought no games in May, so I must have stolen them all.

Unfortunately, someone seems to have stolen them from me before I even
found out what it was I had stolen. In fact, they even stole my memory
of stealing the games.

How else can I explain the fact that I have bought no games (and am
therefore a scum thief pirate)and still have the same number of games
at the end of the month as at the start?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

One!

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion

I'm too busy replaying Incubation and finally getting around to
Vampire: Bloodlines to be bothered with purchasing more at the moment!

--
Best Regards, mattchu
np:

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

zero, i'm too busy in WoW !!

steamKILLER wrote:

> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

Oh lets see
I have for my own use bought following games through the years

Space Quest (Roger Wilco)
Half-life Generations pack
Gunman Chronicles
Homeworld 1, 2 + 3
Half-life 2

Currently when it comes to PC games I have only Steam and Valve games
installed on my own computer
Not playing much though - mostly mapping and doing 3D modeling for HL2

Power to all Steam games!

HTH

General

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>
> 4
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Which operating system are you running these 4 games on.

BTW, like chadwick, I too much be a scum pirate because there were no games
released in May that I have any interest in and therefore I must have stolen
them

I sure you MR Steamkiller doesn't work for any statistical analysis
companies with the conclusions he makes here.

I will say this, the most entertaining guy on the net though.

The movie chicken little is coming out this summer (I think) , that is who
he reminds me off, running around helling "the sky is falling , the sky is
falling".

steamKILLER wrote:
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!

To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows:
"That question was [not] stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly
stupid way."

I wish someone without a bizarre agenda had asked this. I would have
answered that I have bought and played only one PC game in all of 2005:
World of Warcraft. (Also bought one console title, Psychonauts, to
support Tim Schaeffer.)

Even though I consider myself a casual gamer (less than 15 total gaming
hours a week), I'm shocked at the amount of time I've devoted to that
game, and at the fact that I'm not bored with it yet. I'm not going to
list my total gaming hours, but I will say this: Despite the fact that
I paid a rather high price for the game itself (for a then out-of-print
Collector's Edition) and I've been paying monthly subscription fees
since March, I've only paid 42 cents for every gaming hour this year,
versus $1 for every gaming hour when I used to buy a PC game every 2
weeks... and that's not even accounting for all the console titles I
used to buy.

There honestly aren't ANY offline RPGs available today which I'm
interested in that I haven't already played twice. There are a number
currently in development that threaten to break my online habit once
they arrive, though.

jethro

Distinguished
May 5, 2004

Waldorf wrote:
> zero, i'm too busy in WoW !!

Ahhh but you still pay every month for WoW so it's like buying the same
game over and over again. :-\

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

Roger Christie wrote:
> --
>
> Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > as usual the same monthly poll
> > how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> > again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> > proper packaged box retail versions
> > don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> > the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> > filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> > so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> > everyone is watching!
> > no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> > and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
> >
> > --
> > post made in a steam-free computer
> > i said "NO" to valve and steam
> >

> Piss off, troll.

This is as good as it gets. Save your fire for when it's needed.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

--

Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.
"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

Piss off, troll.

steamKILLER wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

2

- Fritz 8
- Majestic Chess.

"no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!and stealing means you
are a scum thief pirate!"

Parker, you hit the nail on the head. I was going to comment on how my
zero was sad indication of the Rpg market lately, only to realize I am a
thief!

Chadwick, LOL funny.

cheers

Hawklan

On 31 May 2005 00:53:07 -0700, steamKILLER wrote:

> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

Pre-ordered the German release of Dungeon Lords, but it was pushed back to
June, so I guess it doesn't count. I've bought no other game in May, and
was busy with WoW.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

17,736,906,561 give or take one or two

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
> again steam infected and downloadable don't count but only
> proper packaged box retail versions
> don't need to specify what game titles but rather the number
> the main reason for this monthly poll is to separate the
> filthy pirates from the proper pc gamers
> so if there is a poll you should reply its this one cause
> everyone is watching!
> no replies means no buys and no buys means stealing!
> and stealing means you are a scum thief pirate!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam

On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:02:49 -0400, "General" <g@eneral.com> wrote:

snippy snip

>I will say this, the most entertaining guy on the net though.
>
>The movie chicken little is coming out this summer (I think) , that is who
>he reminds me off, running around helling "the sky is falling , the sky is
>falling".

couldn't agree more.

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On 31 May 2005 00:53:07 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
dared speak in front of ME:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>as usual the same monthly poll

You misspelled "meaningless poll."
HTH, HAND.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> as usual the same monthly poll
> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

Obscure
Guild Wars
Boiling Point (hasn't arrived yet, but bought in May)

turk

--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003

"turk" <turk96@comcast.net> wrote in message
> "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> as usual the same monthly poll
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?
>
> Obscure
> Guild Wars
> Boiling Point (hasn't arrived yet, but bought in May)

And almost forgot...
Runaway
Moment of Silence
(love those GoGamer 48 hr. specials)

turk
--
My last vestige of "hands off religion" respect disappeared in the smoke and
choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of
Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King
impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold
hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the
first place.
-- Richard Dawkins, The Devil's Chaplain (2004)

Bitstring <1117558411.193879.287440@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, from
the wonderful person Josh Mayfield <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> said
<snip>
>There honestly aren't ANY offline RPGs available today which I'm
>interested in that I haven't already played twice. There are a number
>currently in development that threaten to break my online habit once
>they arrive, though.

I haven't =bought= any, but I've spent the last 4-5 weeks playing (beta
testing) Geneforge 3, which is (IMO) not quite so much fun as 1 or 2,
but still a couple of orders of magnitude better than the other offering
of 2005 so far.

Doubtless Jeff Vogel will announce it here as soon as the beta testers
finish breaking it, which shouldn't be too long. 8>.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can

On 31 May 2005 00:55:49 -0700, "steamKILLER" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>x-no-archive: yes
>
>> how many pc games have you bought in may 2005?

6

Full Spectrum Warrior $4.98 at Target
Blood $2.00 at Half Price Books
Marathon 2: Durandal $1.00 at Half Price Books
Combat Flight Simulator $2.48 at Target
Max Payne $2.48 at Target
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow $4.98 at Target

oh and i bought 19 PS2 games too but they don't count..

toadie

"Josh Mayfield" <ultibloo-usenet@yahoo.com> once tried to test me with:

> To paraphrase one of my favorite TV shows:
> "That question was [not] stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly
> stupid way."
>
> I wish someone without a bizarre agenda had asked this. I would have
> answered that I have bought and played only one PC game in all of 2005:
> World of Warcraft. (Also bought one console title, Psychonauts, to
> support Tim Schaeffer.)

He asks this question (and getting stupider every time he does) every
month.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

A fish