Closed

Flat screen monitor too bright

I bought a Mag Innovision 19" flat screen monitor, and even if I set
monitor brightness to 0 it is still too bright. My video card is 3Dfx
Voodoo3 (pretty old stuff). Is there any way to make it dimmer ?

BTW, I've got 3 more days to return the monitor :)
3 answers Last reply
More about flat screen monitor bright

    The video drivers for this card should have the ability to change the gamma
    settings. The last system I have with a 3dfx video card is down due to a
    bad IDE controller chip. (So, I hesitate to try and describe the way to set
    gamma from my 60 year old memory.)

    <petro12@mail.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a Mag Innovision 19" flat screen monitor, and even if I set
    > monitor brightness to 0 it is still too bright. My video card is 3Dfx
    > Voodoo3 (pretty old stuff). Is there any way to make it dimmer ?
    >
    > BTW, I've got 3 more days to return the monitor :)

    ---
    Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

    As you are probably aware, the 3Dfx company went out of business quite a
    while ago. The latest drivers are written by fans of the card and are found
    at www.voodoofiles.com.

    Rather than return the monitor, why not get something like an FX5700
    graphics card which will look much better and should be under $100. Try
    www.newegg.com if you are in the US. It seems a shame to waste a good
    monitor on such an old graphics card!
    www.coribright.com

    <petro12@mail.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a Mag Innovision 19" flat screen monitor, and even if I set
    > monitor brightness to 0 it is still too bright. My video card is 3Dfx
    > Voodoo3 (pretty old stuff). Is there any way to make it dimmer ?
    >
    > BTW, I've got 3 more days to return the monitor :)

    Yes, I can change gamma settings (they are under 3dfx Tweaks tab), but
    they affect only non-white components. The white background is just as
    bright as it used to be.

    > The video drivers for this card should have the ability to change the gamma
    > settings. The last system I have with a 3dfx video card is down due to a
    > bad IDE controller chip. (So, I hesitate to try and describe the way to set
    > gamma from my 60 year old memory.)

Video Flat Screen Monitors Windows XP