separating video from audio on captured digital video

bryan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have imported video from my MiniDV player, and I would like to use the
audio track from the digital video of my daughter's band to be the audio on
some vacation video. In other words, I only want to use the audio section of
the band, not the video, and I want to cut and paste just the audio to
another video section. I see both the audio and video timelines, but I
can't figure out how to separate them or kill just the video part so that I
can cut and paste the audio. Whenver I select the audio and cut and paste,
it removes the video section of the storyboard that I want to keep. Does
that make sense? If this program won't do it, which one will? Thanks much,
bryan

And which programme are you using?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have imported video from my MiniDV player, and I would like to use the
> audio track from the digital video of my daughter's band to be the audio
on
> some vacation video. In other words, I only want to use the audio section
of
> the band, not the video, and I want to cut and paste just the audio to
> another video section. I see both the audio and video timelines, but I
> can't figure out how to separate them or kill just the video part so that
> can cut and paste the audio. Whenver I select the audio and cut and
paste,
> it removes the video section of the storyboard that I want to keep. Does
> that make sense? If this program won't do it, which one will? Thanks
much,
> bryan

I have the same question, but for a different reason. I'm trying to cut to
different camera angles while continuing the audio from the previous shot.
I'm using Windows Movie Maker 2, and I realize this is pushing the limits,
but it seems that if I could just separate out the audio I would have a lot
of flexibility with editing.

Thanks to anyone who can reply to this.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> And which programme are you using?
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have imported video from my MiniDV player, and I would like to use the
> > audio track from the digital video of my daughter's band to be the audio
> on
> > some vacation video. In other words, I only want to use the audio section
> of
> > the band, not the video, and I want to cut and paste just the audio to
> > another video section. I see both the audio and video timelines, but I
> > can't figure out how to separate them or kill just the video part so that
> > can cut and paste the audio. Whenver I select the audio and cut and
> paste,
> > it removes the video section of the storyboard that I want to keep. Does
> > that make sense? If this program won't do it, which one will? Thanks
> much,
> > bryan

Are you just wanting to use the audio from one cam? Or use a mixture of
both?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media