Can Hear but Can't See on Nero6

Today I inserted a Play Drums Today! DVD to view a learning video on my
computer and Nero6 plays it because I can hear it but I can't see it.
Then I played it on my media player 10 and it both played and showed
but it was not in time. I tried to figure out Nero6 and somewhere in
its help feature it read I had to go online and download an AVI codec
which are generally for free on the internet. I tried it, installed a
version of AVI codec but didn't do anything, so I uninstalled it. Now
I searching the internet trying to learn about this AVI codec and I'm
realing I need help. Has anyone ever come to this bridge and how do I
cross it. PLease help. Thank you much. Marc :confused:

--
justbusiness

"justbusiness" <justbusiness.1gs24z@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Today I inserted a Play Drums Today! DVD to view a learning video on my
> computer and Nero6 plays it because I can hear it but I can't see it.
> Then I played it on my media player 10 and it both played and showed
> but it was not in time. I tried to figure out Nero6 and somewhere in
> its help feature it read I had to go online and download an AVI codec
> which are generally for free on the internet. I tried it, installed a
> version of AVI codec but didn't do anything, so I uninstalled it. Now
> I searching the internet trying to learn about this AVI codec and I'm
> realing I need help. Has anyone ever come to this bridge and how do I
> cross it. PLease help. Thank you much. Marc :confused:

If WMP is displaying the video then you already have what ever codec is
required, even though the video and audio are out of sync. Try shutting
down all background apps while viewing this video disk- your system may
just be having difficulty processing it. Do you have an onboard video
adapter or a separate video card? Do you experience problems playing
other DVDs on your system or is it just this one? And finally, since it
is just a DVD, why not just play it in your home DVD player if all else
fails?

--
Ian.