Move Maker and AVIs

I have captured video from my Sony miniDV cam and created a mswmm project
that I would like to save to the hard drive as an AVI (so I can burn it to
DVD later)
The first question I have is what output format should I select for best
quality: DV-AVI or DV-AVI(NTSC)?
The second question I have is, when trying to save the project as an AVI, it
gets to 58% on the status bar and then locks up. How do I resolve this? I
can create a .wmv of the same project just fine.

DV-AVI and DV-AVI (NTSC) should result in the same resolution.

If you are stalling out at 58% are you hitting the 4gb file limitation in
FAT32?
www.coribright.com

"rjr" <rjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have captured video from my Sony miniDV cam and created a mswmm project
> that I would like to save to the hard drive as an AVI (so I can burn it to
> DVD later)
> The first question I have is what output format should I select for best
> quality: DV-AVI or DV-AVI(NTSC)?
> The second question I have is, when trying to save the project as an AVI,
> it
> gets to 58% on the status bar and then locks up. How do I resolve this?
> can create a .wmv of the same project just fine.

Dear Cari,
I love it when experts throw away lines like this... What
4gb limitation? How come I've got a 10gb file on my hard
drive? Or is this 4gb just an undocumented MM restriction?
Too much information will answer ALL questions.

Hardware
>www.coribright.com

See:
http://www.thundercloud.net/information-avenue/ntfs-vs-fat32/