valve games

I was told by game companies going totally to downloads via the net
using broadband or high speed that by not using dristriution via
retail outlets or a distributor the game companies will be able to
offer the games cheaper online... by cutting out distributors...
1 answer Last reply
More about valve games

    Daryl Rece wrote:
    > I was told by game companies going totally to downloads via the net
    > using broadband or high speed that by not using dristriution via
    > retail outlets or a distributor the game companies will be able to
    > offer the games cheaper online... by cutting out distributors...

    Please some dots an paragraphs
    English is not my native language but normally I don't have problems
    But I had to read your reply three times before I understood your
    writing

    Now for my reply:

    In an interview Doug Lombardi has said that Valve is looking for a new
    distributor
    http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=18
    <quote>
    Doug Lombardi - We're making arrangements to continue retail
    distribution of our products post August 31. Nothing to announce today,
    but we hope to have more details to share soon.
    </quote>

    Now "I was told by game companies ..."
    Any specific companies, any ressources on the itnernet eg interviews,
    articels to back you up?

    Thanks/Peter

Valve Games Video Games