Media player not playing AVI files

HI
I have some avi files that ran in media player and real player with no problems. I have updated to SP2
and now they play sporaticly. The picture comes on with the sound then quits then it starts up again
for a few seconds and repeats the same sequence all over a 9 min clip never really finishes. Where it
shows on the screen that the player is playing it displays "Playing - Clip capture My Movie - playlist
playlst10" in that order and then repeats all over again the same sequence. Any idea what could be
wrong? I sure would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks, Daj
1 answer Last reply
More about media player playing files

    Download the WM 9 Series encoder from windows media site,then open encoder,
    select,convert,convert or run the file thru encoder.

    "Daj" wrote:

    > HI
    > I have some avi files that ran in media player and real player with no problems. I have updated to SP2
    > and now they play sporaticly. The picture comes on with the sound then quits then it starts up again
    > for a few seconds and repeats the same sequence all over a 9 min clip never really finishes. Where it
    > shows on the screen that the player is playing it displays "Playing - Clip capture My Movie - playlist
    > playlst10" in that order and then repeats all over again the same sequence. Any idea what could be
    > wrong? I sure would appreciate any help I can get.
    > Thanks, Daj

Video AVI Media Player Windows XP