slow drives?

Hi, I wanted to make sure my new Lacie usb disk was performing like it
should so I ran HD Tach.
The results are somewhat surprising. Shouldn't the internal drives (or at
least the SATA drive) be any faster ?

internal SATA 250gb : 35 mb/s
internal ata 250gb: 35 mb/s
external usb2.0 lacie 250gb : 25mb/s

I've got a Soltek KT600 mobo with an Athlon XP 2500+ and 1GB of RAM.

thanks,
Kris

Previously kvdv <kvdv -at- easynet.be> wrote:
> Hi, I wanted to make sure my new Lacie usb disk was performing like it
> should so I ran HD Tach.
> The results are somewhat surprising. Shouldn't the internal drives (or at
> least the SATA drive) be any faster ?

> internal SATA 250gb : 35 mb/s
> internal ata 250gb: 35 mb/s
> external usb2.0 lacie 250gb : 25mb/s

> I've got a Soltek KT600 mobo with an Athlon XP 2500+ and 1GB of RAM.

These sopeeds are fine. Why do you think they should be higher?

Arno

TRENDING THREADS