Help! Direct X Screen Problems

I'm sorry to trouble you all but I have a problem with
direct x and lack the
knowledge to sort it.

When i play certain games (not all) and it is full
screen, the games "lifts"
and i have a large black band at the bottom of my screen.
If there is a full
screen option i can make it windowed and have no problems
but i have to take
back many games because of this. i have tried re-
installing direct x and
have updated everything on windows update and direct x.

It is a brand new flat screen computer with Windows XP so
i cant think it
can be drivers.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
1 answer Last reply
More about help direct screen problems

    Even "brand new" computers dont have all the drivers needed.If its an
    intel based board (processor,chipset,etc.) go to intell/downloads for the
    drivers,chipset installation utility is #1,then update the video drivers
    (chip-
    set),if the video is other,go to thier web site.Open system properties,device
    mgr,expand the display adapter tree,R.click on it,select,properties.The info
    gets shown.After youve updated,go to run,type:DXDIAG Direct X diagnostics
    become available,run the tests.

    "beckyp" wrote:

    > I'm sorry to trouble you all but I have a problem with
    > direct x and lack the
    > knowledge to sort it.
    >
    > When i play certain games (not all) and it is full
    > screen, the games "lifts"
    > and i have a large black band at the bottom of my screen.
    > If there is a full
    > screen option i can make it windowed and have no problems
    > but i have to take
    > back many games because of this. i have tried re-
    > installing direct x and
    > have updated everything on windows update and direct x.
    >
    > It is a brand new flat screen computer with Windows XP so
    > i cant think it
    > can be drivers.
    >
    > Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Best Regards

Video Games Directx Windows XP