Making a DVD.

I have video files on my hard drive in Jpeg format. Each video is about
220Mb and 25 minutes long. I've had a go at burning one file to a DVD+RW
disc but it takes about 6-8 hours using the Nero package software and the
menu option 'create a DVD disc'. Should it take this long?

"Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have video files on my hard drive in Jpeg format. Each video is about
> 220Mb and 25 minutes long. I've had a go at burning one file to a
DVD+RW
> disc but it takes about 6-8 hours using the Nero package software and
the
> menu option 'create a DVD disc'. Should it take this long?

It depends on how much horsepower your computer has and how many
background tasks you have running at the time but yes, it tends to be a
job that takes some time. Nero has to convert your movie file to a
DVD-compliant format first, which is what takes up most of the time. You
can speed things up slightly by temporarily disabling your antivirus and
not using your computer while Nero is doing its job. I haven't used Nero
for a while now so I can't recall this detail, but if it has a preview
feature running, you may want to disable it.

There's a wealth of info on the topic of creating DVDs, VCDs, etc. here:
http://www.videohelp.com/

Regards,
Ian.

Thanks for the help Ian.