Making a DVD.

I have video files on my hard drive in Jpeg format. Each video is about
220Mb and 25 minutes long. I've had a go at burning one file to a DVD+RW
disc but it takes about 6-8 hours using the Nero package software and the
menu option 'create a DVD disc'. Should it take this long?
2 answers Last reply
More about making

    "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have video files on my hard drive in Jpeg format. Each video is about
    > 220Mb and 25 minutes long. I've had a go at burning one file to a
    DVD+RW
    > disc but it takes about 6-8 hours using the Nero package software and
    the
    > menu option 'create a DVD disc'. Should it take this long?

    It depends on how much horsepower your computer has and how many
    background tasks you have running at the time but yes, it tends to be a
    job that takes some time. Nero has to convert your movie file to a
    DVD-compliant format first, which is what takes up most of the time. You
    can speed things up slightly by temporarily disabling your antivirus and
    not using your computer while Nero is doing its job. I haven't used Nero
    for a while now so I can't recall this detail, but if it has a preview
    feature running, you may want to disable it.

    There's a wealth of info on the topic of creating DVDs, VCDs, etc. here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Thanks for the help Ian.

    "Ionizer" wrote:

    > "Diana, England" <DianaEngland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have video files on my hard drive in Jpeg format. Each video is about
    > > 220Mb and 25 minutes long. I've had a go at burning one file to a
    > DVD+RW
    > > disc but it takes about 6-8 hours using the Nero package software and
    > the
    > > menu option 'create a DVD disc'. Should it take this long?
    >
    > It depends on how much horsepower your computer has and how many
    > background tasks you have running at the time but yes, it tends to be a
    > job that takes some time. Nero has to convert your movie file to a
    > DVD-compliant format first, which is what takes up most of the time. You
    > can speed things up slightly by temporarily disabling your antivirus and
    > not using your computer while Nero is doing its job. I haven't used Nero
    > for a while now so I can't recall this detail, but if it has a preview
    > feature running, you may want to disable it.
    >
    > There's a wealth of info on the topic of creating DVDs, VCDs, etc. here:
    > http://www.videohelp.com/
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

Video DVD Windows XP