Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128 Mb

Well i tried to get some help for cuple days ago but some fool named "peter"
told me to learn to spell and stuff but nevermind him i want some help now...
I have this problem when i play games, not just 1 game everygame i play or
try...
I get theese white stripts over the screen, they are going up and down in
the screen like very old movie i dont know how to explain them in english...
I have updated my windows and my BIOS and my graficcard drivers but its
still like that....

I now wonder if someone know how to fix this problem ??

Or is my graficcard broke ?

If my graficcard is broken and i have to buy a new one can u guys help me to
find a good graficcard i want geforce but not not more than 200 $

Thanks
ShamShan

Do you have the latest version of DirectX?

www.microsoft.com/directx

www.coribright.com

"shamshan" <shamshan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well i tried to get some help for cuple days ago but some fool named
> "peter"
> told me to learn to spell and stuff but nevermind him i want some help
> now...
> I have this problem when i play games, not just 1 game everygame i play or
> try...
> I get theese white stripts over the screen, they are going up and down in
> the screen like very old movie i dont know how to explain them in
> english...
> I have updated my windows and my BIOS and my graficcard drivers but its
> still like that....
>
> I now wonder if someone know how to fix this problem ??
>
> Or is my graficcard broke ?
>
> If my graficcard is broken and i have to buy a new one can u guys help me
> find a good graficcard i want geforce but not not more than 200 $
>
> Thanks
> ShamShan

Interesting, that sounds like an Open GL issues the old VooDoo 3s used to have.

As Cari suggested, make sure your Direct X is up to date, along with the
rest of your drivers for your system. Utilize windows update, as well as
checking the game to see if there is a video configuration tool you can run
before playing the game.

To do more advanced testing to see if it is infact your video card, you can
use Direct X diagnostic tools to test your video card.

To do so;

Hold the windows key (the key between ctrl and alt on the left side of your
keyboard) and hit 'R'. This will brung up the RUN box

Type in dxdiag.exe and click ok. The Dx Diagnostic tool will pop up.

If you read toward the bottom of the box, it says 'DirectX Version', make
sure that your Dx Version is at 9.0c.

Now click on the Display tab. Notice it gives you some in depth information
about your card,

Under Direct X features, be sure to check that DirectDraw Acceleration,
Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration is enabled. If they are
not, click the enable button on each one.

Now for the test, click Test DirectDraw (Most for games) it will prompt you,
asking if its ok to do so. Click ok. Then it will ask something esle, I
forget what, but click ok again and it will start the test.

Once that test is done, move on to the Direct3D, just continue to click ok
to run the tests.

This should give you a better idea of what the problem is.

I hope this helps :)