HELP. Lost outlook serial number

May 14, 2004 12:02:53 AM

I had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all progs on my laptop.

Unfortunately I cannot find the plastic envelope, with the serial
number, that came with my Ipaq 2215 CD, which means that I cannot
reinstall Outlook 2002.

I did backup everything on to my PC beforehand however so I'm
wondering if there's anyway of extracting the serial number from
somewhere?

I don't suppose HP would issue me with another number?

TIA,

Richard.
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 12:02:54 AM

If you registered the outlook 2002, they should be able to
pull this information up for you to confirm licensing. try
calling/contacting microsoft.

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 12:02:54 AM

my ipaq 3955 has a sticker on the back, with the outlook key on it. don't
know about the 2215 but its worth a look?

<Richard> wrote in message
I had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all progs on my laptop.

Unfortunately I cannot find the plastic envelope, with the serial
number, that came with my Ipaq 2215 CD, which means that I cannot
reinstall Outlook 2002.

I did backup everything on to my PC beforehand however so I'm
wondering if there's anyway of extracting the serial number from
somewhere?

I don't suppose HP would issue me with another number?

TIA,

Richard.
May 14, 2004 12:02:55 AM

Yes! So does mine. You're in luck...

"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> my ipaq 3955 has a sticker on the back, with the outlook key on it. don't
> know about the 2215 but its worth a look?
>
> <Richard> wrote in message
> I had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all progs on my laptop.
>
> Unfortunately I cannot find the plastic envelope, with the serial
> number, that came with my Ipaq 2215 CD, which means that I cannot
> reinstall Outlook 2002.
>
> I did backup everything on to my PC beforehand however so I'm
> wondering if there's anyway of extracting the serial number from
> somewhere?
>
> I don't suppose HP would issue me with another number?
>
> TIA,
>
> Richard.

May 14, 2004 1:09:52 AM

Unfortunately I never did register :-(

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:43:55 -0700, "April"
<april_leigh@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>If you registered the outlook 2002, they should be able to
>pull this information up for you to confirm licensing. try
>calling/contacting microsoft.

May 17, 2004 1:41:17 AM

Bad luck,, half the number has worn away :-(

On Thu, 13 May 2004 15:34:41 -0600, "Russ M."
<acid_maltxspam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yes! So does mine. You're in luck...
>

>"Knott Me" <knott_me@SPAMSUX.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> my ipaq 3955 has a sticker on the back, with the outlook key on it. don't
>> know about the 2215 but its worth a look?
>>
>> <Richard> wrote in message
>> I had to reformat and reinstall the OS and all progs on my laptop.
>>
>> Unfortunately I cannot find the plastic envelope, with the serial
>> number, that came with my Ipaq 2215 CD, which means that I cannot
>> reinstall Outlook 2002.
>>
>> I did backup everything on to my PC beforehand however so I'm
>> wondering if there's anyway of extracting the serial number from
>> somewhere?
>>
>> I don't suppose HP would issue me with another number?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Richard.

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 3:27:32 AM

Richard <> wrote:

> Unfortunately I never did register :-(

As a Stab in the dark, download and install Belarc Advisor. It'll check your system and return the Product Keys (software licences) as one of the many fields that it checks on your system. This should work all right for you if you are restoring the program from a backup.

Jon
Posted by PPCNewz
!