Hard lock up on Seagate SATA drives

I have two Seagate 80 gig SATA drives in a RAID mirror array that have
started to lock up every other night or so. Pressing control alt delete
will not do anything and I have to power off to get it to restart. I am
using an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard in an Antec Sonata case with
the stock fans. I do not have a fan in the front by the hard drives.
Dtemp reports the drive temperature to be 43 C at their hottest.

How can I test the integrity of the drives in a RAID array? Any ideas
as to what the problem could be?
2 answers Last reply
More about hard lock seagate sata drives

    Previously Edward <Edward@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    > I have two Seagate 80 gig SATA drives in a RAID mirror array that have
    > started to lock up every other night or so. Pressing control alt delete
    > will not do anything and I have to power off to get it to restart. I am
    > using an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard in an Antec Sonata case with
    > the stock fans. I do not have a fan in the front by the hard drives.
    > Dtemp reports the drive temperature to be 43 C at their hottest.

    > How can I test the integrity of the drives in a RAID array?

    Usually you cannot, unless it is software RAID.
    Connect the drives to an ordinary controller and you
    can use the usual SMART tools.

    > Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

    Maybe give a bit more information about the OS?

    Arno

    Arno Wagner wrote:
    > Previously Edward <Edward@nospamatall.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have two Seagate 80 gig SATA drives in a RAID mirror array that have
    >>started to lock up every other night or so. Pressing control alt delete
    >>will not do anything and I have to power off to get it to restart. I am
    >>using an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard in an Antec Sonata case with
    >>the stock fans. I do not have a fan in the front by the hard drives.
    >>Dtemp reports the drive temperature to be 43 C at their hottest.
    >

    >>How can I test the integrity of the drives in a RAID array?
    >

    > Usually you cannot, unless it is software RAID.
    > Connect the drives to an ordinary controller and you
    > can use the usual SMART tools.
    >

    >>Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
    >

    > Maybe give a bit more information about the OS?
    >
    > Arno

    I am using Windows XP Professional. Thanks for your help.

Seagate Storage