Movie Maker Effects & Transitions Exist But Do Not Work

I recently installed SP2 and got Movie Maker 2.1 with it.
However, I cannot use transitions or effects of any sort.
Although they appear as available and I can add them to the
timeline, the video will simply be black if I add a
transition or an effect. If the file is then saved as a
movie, it will show a black movie with just the sound.

I already reinstalled DirectX, but that did not fix the
issue. Neither did changing the Hardware Acceleration
setting to the middle or any other setting. Reinstalling WM
Encoder and Media Player and the WM 9 Codec Pack did not
fix it either. I do not have the divxaf.ax file on my system.

I am now at the end of my wisdom and thus posting here.
Apparently this is a very rare issue since I've only seen 2
or 3 people post about it here and on other sites such as
papajohn.org. Nowhere have I found a solution to the problem.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Some more things to try:

* Updating video card drivers
* Shutting down all background processes including antivirus etc temporarily
to eliminate them.
* Manually registering the DLLs found in Movie Maker folder using "regsvr32"
command

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker