Anyone tried the Sacred demo yet

DataStream

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2004
I just got done playing the Sacred demo and all I have to say is Damn. Just to let everyone know up until about 3 months ago I was a die hard Diablo 2 player. This Sacred game kickass. Its got nice looking visual's, the gameplay is in the same league as the Diablo, Baldur's gate games. From the little bit of the world that you get to play in the demo I can tell that this game is going to keep me up late at night. Anyone who has played this demo I'm interested in what you think about it.

Amd Athlon 3200+, DFI NFII Ultra Infinity Mobo, 2 x 256mb Corsair Dual Channel, Radeon 9600 Pro @ 495/330

DataStream

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2004
I got the demo from here <A HREF="http://www.nvidia.com/object/nzone_sacred_downloads.html" target="_new">http://www.nvidia.com/object/nzone_sacred_downloads.html</A>. As far as release date go it's supposed to come out some time in March, not sure on exact date.

Amd Athlon 3200+, DFI NFII Ultra Infinity Mobo, 2 x 256mb Corsair Dual Channel, Radeon 9600 Pro @ 495/330

CorpusBiscuit

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
I downloaded the demo from Gamespot about 2 weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. It does have a "been there, done that" feel to it, but in this case thats not a bad thing. I like the custom combat combos you can make. I heat the UK version is going to be a bit bloodier than the US version because of the rating system the US uses.

<i>Sacred Import Version
This is the full english version of Sacred. This item ships in a DVD style case. Does not require DVD compatible CDROM drive.

This edition contains content that will be excluded from the standard US edition.

In order to achieve a Teen rating the full gore option was taken out of the US version. This version has the full gore option.</i>

(taken from the Gogamer.com Sacred(import) preorder page.)

The game is supposed to be out on March 23rd in the US.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
It definately had an "unfinished" feel to it when I played, but it <i>was</i> just a demo. I really enjoyed the gameplay though. I'll definately be buying this came when it comes out.

halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
like you i loved diablo 1 and 2. I think this is such a great game am i right in saying this is their first major game so as standards go its a pretty good start. I was so disapointed that the demo ended i was really getting into it. There is everything diablo had in it but made better and extra bits, i mean the horse idea is so cool.
A definate must buy for me :)

DataStream

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2004
I just cant wait for this game to release. I played through the demo about 6 times now. I didnt even play the diablo series demos that much and they held my interest for over 2 years each. Sitting here in wait for this game is going to kill me. Thank god I have americas army to hold me over for now.

Amd Athlon 3200+, DFI NFII Ultra Infinity, 512mb Corsair Dual Channel, 9800 Pro @ 455/370
3DMark2001se <font color=red>18208</font color=red>
3DMark2003 <font color=red>6350</font color=red>