account not accepted.

Hi,

I logged on today and the Steam window cam up asking me for my password. I
placed it in which I thought odd as it normall auto connects. Anyway it did
not accept this. I then used my user name to retrieve my account and it came
back with no account under the name. I then went through the DVD serial and
it stated that an email would be sent to my account but I have had nothing.

So it looks like my account has been stolen????

Pretty pissed off. I will definately not be getting any game in the future
that has anything to do with Steam.

alan.

physman wrote:

> I logged on today and the Steam window cam up asking me for my password. I
> placed it in which I thought odd as it normall auto connects. Anyway it did
> not accept this. I then used my user name to retrieve my account and it came
> back with no account under the name. I then went through the DVD serial and
> it stated that an email would be sent to my account but I have had nothing.
>
> So it looks like my account has been stolen????
>
> Pretty pissed off. I will definately not be getting any game in the future
> that has anything to do with Steam.

Let me guess your steamid was physman and the same as password?
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=301

Check with Steam support on how to get your account back
http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=197

General

"physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I logged on today and the Steam window cam up asking me for my password. I
> placed it in which I thought odd as it normall auto connects. Anyway it
> did not accept this. I then used my user name to retrieve my account and
> it came back with no account under the name. I then went through the DVD
> serial and it stated that an email would be sent to my account but I have
> had nothing.
>
> So it looks like my account has been stolen????
>
> Pretty pissed off. I will definately not be getting any game in the future
> that has anything to do with Steam.
>
> alan.

Sounds like Saynotosteam with another account, doesn't it.

On 6/1/2005 2:01 PM Peter [AGHL] brightened our day with:

>physman wrote:
>

>>I logged on today and the Steam window cam up asking me for my password. I
>>placed it in which I thought odd as it normall auto connects. Anyway it did
>>not accept this. I then used my user name to retrieve my account and it came
>>back with no account under the name. I then went through the DVD serial and
>>it stated that an email would be sent to my account but I have had nothing.
>>
>>So it looks like my account has been stolen????
>>
>>Pretty pissed off. I will definately not be getting any game in the future
>>that has anything to do with Steam.
>>

>Let me guess your steamid was physman and the same as password?
>http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=301
>
>Check with Steam support on how to get your account back
>http://steampowered.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=197

I think Steam is just acting funny today. It asked me for my password
twice while logging in although I have it set to remember. So I guess
he forgot his password and then something screwed up with getting his
info from steam.
OP sounds like an overreacting idiot though, so I hope he's screwed himself.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:12:33 -0400, "General" <g@eneral.com> wrote:

snippy snip

>Sounds like Saynotosteam with another account, doesn't it.

no

dr ratt

gary: so there's no chance we can be together?
lisa: only if you promise me you'll never die.
gary: you know i can't promise that.
lisa: if you could do that, i'd make love to you, right now.
gary: i promise. i will never die.

"General" <g@eneral.com> wrote in

> "physman" <alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I logged on today and the Steam window cam up asking me for my
>> password. I placed it in which I thought odd as it normall auto
>> connects. Anyway it did not accept this. I then used my user name to
>> retrieve my account and it came back with no account under the name.
>> I then went through the DVD serial and it stated that an email would
>> be sent to my account but I have had nothing.
>>
>> So it looks like my account has been stolen????
>>
>> Pretty pissed off. I will definately not be getting any game in the
>> future that has anything to do with Steam.
>>
>> alan.
>>

> Sounds like Saynotosteam with another account, doesn't it.

nah not enough capital letters and exclamation marks

Hi,

Just read you informative posts.

No different password to my account name.
I had not forgotten it.

This over reaction is my only comment following a very long history of
problems with steam.

Keep up the good work guys.