Camcorder Connection USB or Firewire

December 13, 2004 8:11:04 AM

I have acquired JVC mini DV camcorder which has firewire connection my PC
does not have firewire card. I have been looking around and see I can have
firewire card fitted. The camcorder also has S VIdo connection and I see it
is possible to buy a USB 2 HUb to connect via svideo. I would also like to
capture video from an old analogue camcorder. Can anyone give advice on the
cheapest most effective way to do both. I see the USB hub is high speed 2 I
have 4 USB ports on my PC I dont know if they are 1.1 or 2 how can you tell.
I do run a ADSL Broadband so I think I might have version 2

Any ideas for the above would be very grateful as would like to get home
movies done for xmas

Thanks
--
Lesley
Anonymous

Buy a firewire PCI card for your PC for the digital camcorder

For the analog camcorder you will have to purchase separate analog capture
hardware. See www.videohelp.com for reviews and opinions.
www.coribright.com

"Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have acquired JVC mini DV camcorder which has firewire connection my PC
> does not have firewire card. I have been looking around and see I can
> have
> firewire card fitted. The camcorder also has S VIdo connection and I see
> it
> is possible to buy a USB 2 HUb to connect via svideo. I would also like
> capture video from an old analogue camcorder. Can anyone give advice on
> the
> cheapest most effective way to do both. I see the USB hub is high speed 2
> have 4 USB ports on my PC I dont know if they are 1.1 or 2 how can you
> tell.
> I do run a ADSL Broadband so I think I might have version 2
>
> Any ideas for the above would be very grateful as would like to get home
> movies done for xmas
>
> Thanks
> --
> Lesley

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:50:36 PM

"Cari" wrote:
> Buy a firewire PCI card for your PC for the digital camcorder
>
> For the analog camcorder you will have to purchase separate
> analog capture
> hardware. See www.videohelp.com for reviews and opinions.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have acquired JVC mini DV camcorder which has firewire
> connection my PC
> > does not have firewire card. I have been looking around and
> see I can
> > have
> > firewire card fitted. The camcorder also has S VIdo
> connection and I see
> > it
> > is possible to buy a USB 2 HUb to connect via svideo. I
> would also like
> > capture video from an old analogue camcorder. Can anyone
> give advice on
> > the
> > cheapest most effective way to do both. I see the USB hub
> is high speed 2
> > have 4 USB ports on my PC I dont know if they are 1.1 or 2
> how can you
> > tell.
> > I do run a ADSL Broadband so I think I might have version 2
> >
> > Any ideas for the above would be very grateful as would like
> to get home
> > movies done for xmas
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Lesley

Check to see if your JVC will convert analog via the S-vide to
Digitial and then you can use the firewire to capture the analog
video using the JVC-DV as a converter. John

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-Camcorder-Connection...