Mount an IDE drive in a slimline CD-ROM bay?

Ian

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help with this...

What we're after is a means of mounting a laptop 2.5" or 1"
IDE hard drive (capacity > 2GB, but not a flash drive) into
a slim-line (laptop) IDE CD-ROM bay. I think a drive will
physically fit into the space, but we need the ironmongery
to hold it.

Does anyone know if such a contraption exists, and if so,
where one might be able to purchase it?

TIA,
--
Ian

"Tamahome!!!" - "Miaka!!!"

"Ian"
<${send-direct-email-to-news1021-at-jusme-dot-com-if-you-must}@jusme.com>
wrote in message news:hJhTe.39299$Lg2.12796@fe12.news.easynews.com...
> Hi,
>
> Wonder if anyone can help with this...
>
> What we're after is a means of mounting a laptop 2.5" or 1"
> IDE hard drive (capacity > 2GB, but not a flash drive) into
> a slim-line (laptop) IDE CD-ROM bay. I think a drive will
> physically fit into the space, but we need the ironmongery
> to hold it.
>
> Does anyone know if such a contraption exists, and if so,
> where one might be able to purchase it?
IBM/Lenovo makes hard drive adapters that fit in their 'Ultrabay'.

The physical outline of the IBM adapter suggests that the opening varies by
mfg.
You've ruled out a USB connection to an external enclosure?

HTH