ATI Radeon 9200

I am trying to install the above mentioned graphics card. I made sure I had
the latest drivers for my motherboard and got rid of the drivers for the
graphics card I removed. When I installed the new card and loaded the
drivers for the new card my computer became very unstable. Whenever I tried
to play a video the system froze and gave me a blue screen. Does anybody
know of any incompatibilities of this card with XP SP2. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks :)

"ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 128mb DDR" <ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 128mb
DDR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install the above mentioned graphics card. I made sure I
had
> the latest drivers for my motherboard and got rid of the drivers for the
> graphics card I removed. When I installed the new card and loaded the
> drivers for the new card my computer became very unstable. Whenever I
tried
> to play a video the system froze and gave me a blue screen. Does
anybody
> know of any incompatibilities of this card with XP SP2. Any help will
be
> appreciated. Thanks :)

Do you have the latest drivers for the video card?
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html Select your OS, select "Graphic
Driver" then "Radeon Family." On the next page, they state "ATI
recommends Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher be installed."

--
Ian.

"ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 128mb DDR" wrote:

> I am trying to install the above mentioned graphics card. I made sure I had
> the latest drivers for my motherboard and got rid of the drivers for the
> graphics card I removed. When I installed the new card and loaded the
> drivers for the new card my computer became very unstable. Whenever I tried
> to play a video the system froze and gave me a blue screen. Does anybody
> know of any incompatibilities of this card with XP SP2. Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks :)

There are no known compatibilities. ATI just posted a new driver (4.12) to
their website today. You might tri it. There is also a driver removal tool
on the ATI website. Use it prior to installing the new driver (and be sure
to reboot between uninstalling the old driver and installing the new
driver).

Bobby