New HD363N owner - not working - please help

Just purchased HD363N NAS - cannot get device to work - any help will
be appreciated.

Follow instruction and put HD into enclosure - power on device and
notice the front LED goes from green to red and blinks on red three
times and the LED goes off (not sure if the LED should stay green).
Connect the HD363N to the network and also try to connect to stand
alone PC with 169.254.0.2/255.255.255.0/169.254.0.1 setting - no
matter how I try - still cannot get the GUI to come up either
http://storage or http://169.254.0.1.
Changed out three differenct working HD and tried different jumper
setting (CS or Master) - still no luck.

Please give me some insight.

Thanks!

iago

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002

kato_1967 wrote:
> Just purchased HD363N NAS - cannot get device to work - any help will
> be appreciated.
>
> Follow instruction and put HD into enclosure - power on device and
> notice the front LED goes from green to red and blinks on red three
> times and the LED goes off (not sure if the LED should stay green).
> Connect the HD363N to the network and also try to connect to stand
> alone PC with 169.254.0.2/255.255.255.0/169.254.0.1 setting - no
> matter how I try - still cannot get the GUI to come up either
> http://storage or http://169.254.0.1.
> Changed out three differenct working HD and tried different jumper
> setting (CS or Master) - still no luck.
>
> Please give me some insight.
>
> Thanks!

How did you setup the machine, to use a dhcp server or with a static
IP? Regardless, can you ping its IP from any of your PCs?

Anyway, I don't have one handy, check also this place for answers
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic76630-0-asc-0.html