Josiah

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full screen
for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small preview
screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.

Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up! If
anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
Josiah.

tmb

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2004

Josiah schreef:
> Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full screen
> for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small preview
> screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.
>
> Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up! If
> anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
> Josiah.

The resolution is to low.
Use Pal/Ntsc DV and you have no problems.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

The preview screen is not rendered in full resolution even if you make the
screen size bigger.
See this: http://blogs.msdn.com/deanro/archive/2004/10/05/238493.aspx

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

"Josiah" <Josiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full
> screen
> for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small
> preview
> screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.
>
> Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up!
> If
> anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
> Josiah.

matt

I have the same problem. I dont know why its so
pixelated. I think its the resolution that MM2 captures
it in. It is so low that a full screen will be grainy. I
am looking for a better program that is more
professional. A better program i think will fix your
problem unless you could jack up the resolution on MM2.

If you capture as dv-avi then you will not get better capture if you use MM
or a £1,000 programme, because it is capturing what is on the tape exactly.
Assuming you have a consumer and not professional camcorder. MM's preview
screen is what it says, a preview of the movie, it plays as a small size and
at 15fps, so enlarging it will make it pixelatted.

As for the tv connection part of the OP, then if you have a graphics card
which only supports overlay on one screen, you need to change the output
from the pc so you can view movies.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media