Windows Movie Maker Bad Picture

Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full screen
for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small preview
screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.

Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up! If
anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
Josiah.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows movie maker picture

    Josiah schreef:
    > Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full screen
    > for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small preview
    > screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.
    >
    > Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up! If
    > anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
    > Josiah.

    The resolution is to low.
    Use Pal/Ntsc DV and you have no problems.

    The preview screen is not rendered in full resolution even if you make the
    screen size bigger.
    See this: http://blogs.msdn.com/deanro/archive/2004/10/05/238493.aspx

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

    "Josiah" <Josiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know why the picture goes bad when you view videos in full
    > screen
    > for windows movie maker? The picture and words look good on the small
    > preview
    > screen, but when you enlarge it video and text look pixelated.
    >
    > Also when I conect my computer to a TV the picture doesn't even show up!
    > If
    > anyone can help me resolve this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks,
    > Josiah.

    I have the same problem. I dont know why its so
    pixelated. I think its the resolution that MM2 captures
    it in. It is so low that a full screen will be grainy. I
    am looking for a better program that is more
    professional. A better program i think will fix your
    problem unless you could jack up the resolution on MM2.

    If you capture as dv-avi then you will not get better capture if you use MM
    or a £1,000 programme, because it is capturing what is on the tape exactly.
    Assuming you have a consumer and not professional camcorder. MM's preview
    screen is what it says, a preview of the movie, it plays as a small size and
    at 15fps, so enlarging it will make it pixelatted.

    As for the tv connection part of the OP, then if you have a graphics card
    which only supports overlay on one screen, you need to change the output
    from the pc so you can view movies.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have the same problem. I dont know why its so
    > pixelated. I think its the resolution that MM2 captures
    > it in. It is so low that a full screen will be grainy. I
    > am looking for a better program that is more
    > professional. A better program i think will fix your
    > problem unless you could jack up the resolution on MM2.

Video Windows Movie Maker Microsoft Windows XP