Viewing a DVD over a home network

Hello All,

What is the proper way to view a DVD over a home network? I've tried sharing
the drive and I have the proper software on all systems, but still view
content. Thanks!

Clay

Copy the DVD to the hard drive. Then view the files.
www.coribright.com

"Clay Rembert" <clay@rembert.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> What is the proper way to view a DVD over a home network? I've tried
> sharing the drive and I have the proper software on all systems, but
> still view content. Thanks!
>
> Clay

Each time I copy the DVD to the hard drive, once by dragging and dropping,
then by the standard "copy" and "paste", only a few of the files actually
show up in the new location. What am I doing wrong? TIA!!

Clay

"clay10" wrote:
> Each time I copy the DVD to the hard drive, once by dragging
> and dropping,
> then by the standard "copy" and "paste", only a few of the
> files actually
> show up in the new location. What am I doing wrong? TIA!!
>
> Clay
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > Copy the DVD to the hard drive. Then view the files.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "Clay Rembert" <clay@rembert.com> wrote in message
>  >> Hello All,
>  >>
>  >> What is the proper way to view a DVD over a home
> network? I've tried
>  >> sharing the drive and I have the proper software on
> all systems, but
>  >> still view content. Thanks!
>  >>
>  >> Clay
>  >>
>  >>

Set oShell = Createobject("wscript.shell")
Set oNet = CreateObject("Wscript.Network")
oNet.MapNetworkDrive "v:", "\\server\c", True, "username",
"password"
oNet.MapNetworkdrive "w:", "\\server\e"
oNet.MapNetworkdrive "x:", "\\server\cd drive (f)"
oNet.MapNetworkdrive "y:", "\\server\g"
oNet.MapNetworkdrive "z:", "\\server\m"
oNet.MapNetworkDrive "m:", "\\server2\c", True, "username",
"password"

here is an example of a script you can use to map a drive or drives on
your network even if they have different user name or passwords. You
can use any drive letter you want of course but this is just an
example of 2 different computers mapped with different
usernames/passwords in the same script. you would be able to treat
any dvd/cdrom/drive partition like a local drive at that point and it
should be listed in my computer also. copy/paste the text in to
notepad and save as drivemapper.vbs

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-Viewing-DVD-home-network-ftopict237945.html