where to get latest Drivers for Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mi..

This is driving me mad, I have been to the Intel website and followed the
instructions for downloading and installing the driver and utility software
for the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mini pci adapter which is installed in my PB
e5142 Lappy but when I click on download it opens up a text file from an ftp
site telling me how to install it but not where to get it from. Please can
anyone tell me how and where to download proset 7.1.3.0, it is the only one
that is recommended for use with SP2
5 answers Last reply
More about where latest drivers intel wireless 2100

    Says here:
    <http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.

    Lance
    *****

    Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 9:56 AM:

    > This is driving me mad, I have been to the Intel website and followed the
    > instructions for downloading and installing the driver and utility software
    > for the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mini pci adapter which is installed in my PB
    > e5142 Lappy but when I click on download it opens up a text file from an ftp
    > site telling me how to install it but not where to get it from. Please can
    > anyone tell me how and where to download proset 7.1.3.0, it is the only one
    > that is recommended for use with SP2

    Hi Lance,
    Thanks but I got them from HP site 25mb download, newest drivers with a
    great utility. Got the laptop working again and all is looking fine in my
    house at the moment. One PC left to go now and then we will all have our own
    freedom to surf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvellous
    "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    > Says here:
    > <http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    > that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.
    >
    > Lance
    > *****
    >
    > Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 9:56 AM:
    >
    >> This is driving me mad, I have been to the Intel website and followed the
    >> instructions for downloading and installing the driver and utility
    >> software for the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mini pci adapter which is
    >> installed in my PB e5142 Lappy but when I click on download it opens up a
    >> text file from an ftp site telling me how to install it but not where to
    >> get it from. Please can anyone tell me how and where to download proset
    >> 7.1.3.0, it is the only one that is recommended for use with SP2

    Headtheball, what was the problem you were having with your network? How
    are you solving it? As I recall you were having more problems than others.

    Lance
    *****

    Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 1:58 PM:

    > Hi Lance,
    > Thanks but I got them from HP site 25mb download, newest drivers with a
    > great utility. Got the laptop working again and all is looking fine in my
    > house at the moment. One PC left to go now and then we will all have our own
    > freedom to surf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvellous
    > "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Says here:
    >><http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    >>that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.
    >>
    >>Lance
    >>*****
    >>
    >>Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 9:56 AM:
    >>

    >>>This is driving me mad, I have been to the Intel website and followed the
    >>>instructions for downloading and installing the driver and utility
    >>>software for the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mini pci adapter which is
    >>>installed in my PB e5142 Lappy but when I click on download it opens up a
    >>>text file from an ftp site telling me how to install it but not where to
    >>>get it from. Please can anyone tell me how and where to download proset
    >>>7.1.3.0, it is the only one that is recommended for use with SP2

    The following explains why you need to get these updates from
    manufacturer of your laptop and not directly from Intel,
    or manufacturer of any other machine:

    "Intel is a supplier of notebook components and does not manufacture or
    sell complete notebook systems. ... Each notebook computer
    original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may have altered the features,
    incorporated customizations, or made other changes. Please refer to your
    manufacturer for information specific to your notebook computer."
    ftp://download.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/relnotes81044.txt

    --PA

    "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gXvJ$qlEHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hi Lance,
    > Thanks but I got them from HP site 25mb download, newest drivers with a
    > great utility. Got the laptop working again and all is looking fine in my
    > house at the moment. One PC left to go now and then we will all have our own
    > freedom to surf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvellous
    > "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    > > Says here:
    > > <http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    > > that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.
    > >
    > > Lance
    > > *****
    > >
    > > Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 9:56 AM:
    > >
    > >> This is driving me mad, I have been to the Intel website and followed the
    > >> instructions for downloading and installing the driver and utility
    > >> software for the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 mini pci adapter which is
    > >> installed in my PB e5142 Lappy but when I click on download it opens up a
    > >> text file from an ftp site telling me how to install it but not where to
    > >> get it from. Please can anyone tell me how and where to download proset
    > >> 7.1.3.0, it is the only one that is recommended for use with SP2

    Sorry Lance I should have replied as I know that it could help others.
    Firstly I went out and bought a Belkin 54g wireless card for an old laptop
    of mine which has been completely reformatted and only has the OS on it, I
    set up a defensless network, no wep etc etc and called it Dave, I let
    windows configure the settings and presto the laptop picked up the network
    and allowed me to access the web.
    I then backed up and formatted My main PC, then without connection to the
    internet I installed SP2 and configured it then enabled the firewall and
    accessed the internet, Installed my AV (Panda Titanium 2004).
    On my Packard Bell Lappy, I backed up and ran a destructive recovery,
    restoring the whole system to factory settings and then installed SP2 then
    all the other bits and bobs. I have one more machine to do today, My sons PC
    which has 60gb of data probably on a heavily fragmented C Drive (mostly
    music files). I will most probably buy another larger HD and partition it
    and then reinstall the OS and install SP2.

    Here is a little tip for anyone with a PB lappy E5142, If you cannot get the
    network card to fire up ie it always has a red x through its icon on the
    desktop it is trned off. The way to turn it on again is to depress the
    function key and F1 and it will switch on,
    > Headtheball, what was the problem you were having with your network? How
    > are you solving it? As I recall you were having more problems than others.
    >
    > Lance
    > *****
    >
    > Headtheball said the following on 9/9/2004 1:58 PM:
    >
    >> Hi Lance,
    >> Thanks but I got them from HP site 25mb download, newest drivers with a
    >> great utility. Got the laptop working again and all is looking fine in my
    >> house at the moment. One PC left to go now and then we will all have our
    >> own freedom to surf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvellous
    >> "Lance" <lltbhill@link_earth.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Says here:
    >>><http://support.intel.com/support/notebook/centrino/sb/cs-008174.htm>
    >>>that you have to contact the manufacturer for this driver.
    >>>
    >>>Lance
    >>>*****

Wireless Intel Wireless Networking