DVI Problems...New Monitor won't display DVI Input

a b C Monitor
December 17, 2004 4:18:25 AM

I recently purchased a new video card a few months ago. It's a Chaintech
GeForce FX 5900XT, and then recently within the past few weeks bought a new
Sony 19" HS94P Monitor. I have the latest drivers for the card, but I can't
get it to display the DVI output. I have it in CLONE mode, and it shows that
I have two monitors connected...because I have both the DVI and the standard
cable hooked up at the same time. Originally I just hooked up the DVI but I
didn't get a picture...so I hooked them both to see if I could switch back
and forth. When I try to flip it over, the screen just goes black and then
after 15 seconds (the alloted time in windows) it flips back to analog HD15
mode. What gives here?

Also if you have it in DVI mode, can you set the refresh rate as high as you
can in Analog? I'm running this monitor in 1280x1024 at 75hz....the funny
thing is when I do get it to show that it's DVI, it's really not and then
the refresh rate will drop to 60hz, and the color options are disabled...

Someone throw this dog a bone...

Chad
December 18, 2004 1:04:57 AM

did you load the Sony .inf files???there should(might) be 2 one for analog and
one for digital
An LCD monitor usually has a factory setting at which it works best.This is
usually listed in the manual that came with the monitor.
Your video card should be able to display that same rsolution on the DVI output
Most LCD's run at 60hz.............some can and will run higher depending upon
that factory setting.
At 60hz on an LCD you will not see flicker
peter
"Chad Coleman" <cecolema@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o kIS4AA5EHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I recently purchased a new video card a few months ago. It's a Chaintech
>GeForce FX 5900XT, and then recently within the past few weeks bought a new
>Sony 19" HS94P Monitor. I have the latest drivers for the card, but I can't get
>it to display the DVI output. I have it in CLONE mode, and it shows that I have
>two monitors connected...because I have both the DVI and the standard cable
>hooked up at the same time. Originally I just hooked up the DVI but I didn't
>get a picture...so I hooked them both to see if I could switch back and forth.
>When I try to flip it over, the screen just goes black and then after 15
>seconds (the alloted time in windows) it flips back to analog HD15 mode. What
>gives here?
>
> Also if you have it in DVI mode, can you set the refresh rate as high as you
> can in Analog? I'm running this monitor in 1280x1024 at 75hz....the funny
> thing is when I do get it to show that it's DVI, it's really not and then the
> refresh rate will drop to 60hz, and the color options are disabled...
>
> Someone throw this dog a bone...
>
> Chad

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 19, 2004 3:52:00 AM

Thanks for the reply...

I have taken care of getting the INF's installed from the Sony Website...it
shows in my display properties NView that there are two connections
including the DVI...but when I switch to it, it switches and states it's in
DVI mode, but it's really not. The monitor property when I click the button
on the monitor says HD15 mode. I just don't get it...

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
news:o GryH8L5EHA.3784@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> did you load the Sony .inf files???there should(might) be 2 one for analog
> and one for digital
> An LCD monitor usually has a factory setting at which it works best.This
> is usually listed in the manual that came with the monitor.
> Your video card should be able to display that same rsolution on the DVI
> output
> Most LCD's run at 60hz.............some can and will run higher depending
> upon that factory setting.
> At 60hz on an LCD you will not see flicker
> peter
> "Chad Coleman" <cecolema@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o kIS4AA5EHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>I recently purchased a new video card a few months ago. It's a Chaintech
>>GeForce FX 5900XT, and then recently within the past few weeks bought a
>>new Sony 19" HS94P Monitor. I have the latest drivers for the card, but I
>>can't get it to display the DVI output. I have it in CLONE mode, and it
>>shows that I have two monitors connected...because I have both the DVI and
>>the standard cable hooked up at the same time. Originally I just hooked up
>>the DVI but I didn't get a picture...so I hooked them both to see if I
>>could switch back and forth. When I try to flip it over, the screen just
>>goes black and then after 15 seconds (the alloted time in windows) it
>>flips back to analog HD15 mode. What gives here?
>>
>> Also if you have it in DVI mode, can you set the refresh rate as high as
>> you can in Analog? I'm running this monitor in 1280x1024 at 75hz....the
>> funny thing is when I do get it to show that it's DVI, it's really not
>> and then the refresh rate will drop to 60hz, and the color options are
>> disabled...
>>
>> Someone throw this dog a bone...
>>
>> Chad

Related resources
December 19, 2004 6:02:53 PM

I would disconnect the analog connection then go back to display properties and
make sure it showed digital ,set that as primary display.
On my Radeon card I had the DVI set as primary and the analog set as
secondary.......no clone.and it worked I could pick wether I wanted analog or
digital and since digital was primary it started with digital.
Then I finally said the hell with it and just ran with the DVI connection.
> Thanks for the reply...
>
> I have taken care of getting the INF's installed from the Sony Website...it
> shows in my display properties NView that there are two connections including
> the DVI...but when I switch to it, it switches and states it's in DVI mode,
> but it's really not. The monitor property when I click the button on the
> monitor says HD15 mode. I just don't get it...
>

> "peter" <peter@nomalarky.ca> wrote in message
> news:o GryH8L5EHA.3784@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> did you load the Sony .inf files???there should(might) be 2 one for analog
>> and one for digital
>> An LCD monitor usually has a factory setting at which it works best.This is
>> usually listed in the manual that came with the monitor.
>> Your video card should be able to display that same rsolution on the DVI
>> output
>> Most LCD's run at 60hz.............some can and will run higher depending
>> upon that factory setting.
>> At 60hz on an LCD you will not see flicker
>> peter
>> "Chad Coleman" <cecolema@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o kIS4AA5EHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>I recently purchased a new video card a few months ago. It's a Chaintech
>>>GeForce FX 5900XT, and then recently within the past few weeks bought a new
>>>Sony 19" HS94P Monitor. I have the latest drivers for the card, but I can't
>>>get it to display the DVI output. I have it in CLONE mode, and it shows that
>>>I have two monitors connected...because I have both the DVI and the standard
>>>cable hooked up at the same time. Originally I just hooked up the DVI but I
>>>didn't get a picture...so I hooked them both to see if I could switch back
>>>and forth. When I try to flip it over, the screen just goes black and then
>>>after 15 seconds (the alloted time in windows) it flips back to analog HD15
>>>mode. What gives here?
>>>
>>> Also if you have it in DVI mode, can you set the refresh rate as high as you
>>> can in Analog? I'm running this monitor in 1280x1024 at 75hz....the funny
>>> thing is when I do get it to show that it's DVI, it's really not and then
>>> the refresh rate will drop to 60hz, and the color options are disabled...
>>>
>>> Someone throw this dog a bone...
>>>
>>> Chad

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 20, 2004 1:29:09 AM

Well today I hooked up a different computer with a DVI on it, and the DVI
worked fine on the monitor. The monitor has a INPUT switch on it where I can
change it on the fly...however the DVI when it's hooked up to my system
always says no signal...on the other computer it was perfect. This tells me
it's not the cable or the monitor. It's the video card..I've emailed the
Chaintech support for help in this issue. I think I just have a dead DVI
port on my Chaintech GeForce FX 5900xt.

stay tuned...

news:o QKfnZh5EHA.3644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!