Minolta camera help

I know this group is for dig camera but I couldn't find one for 35mm's. My
neighbors grandson dropped a Minolta Vectis 300 camera. When it powers on, the
lens opens, flash rotates up, and then both immediately close and camera powers
off. Any ideas? Thanks in advance nascar24rulz@aol.com

Dead batteries. This is typical.