Any more ideas on the DV,SP2, Firewire problem??

I have gone back to posts in October and tried everything I can to get my DV
camcorder to work again.

I have a pc which used to capture without any probs. Since I last captured I
have installed many things including SP2.

Having read other posts I concluded it was a problem with the firewire
drivers and I overwrote the 2004 ones with the 2002 ones from SP1. I also ran
the command which is meant to reinstall a dll file. After trying everything
that had been mentioned I resorted to uninstalling SP2. Still wont work.
When using MM I get an error during the "capture video wizard".
Using other programs I can control the cam (FF, RWD etc etc) but still get
no footage or sound.
The 1394 card is PCI and I have uninstalled it and moved it to another slot.

Any other suggestions??

Try a different cable

--
Carl G
"DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have gone back to posts in October and tried everything I can to get my
>DV
> camcorder to work again.
>
> I have a pc which used to capture without any probs. Since I last captured
> have installed many things including SP2.
>
> Having read other posts I concluded it was a problem with the firewire
> drivers and I overwrote the 2004 ones with the 2002 ones from SP1. I also
> ran
> the command which is meant to reinstall a dll file. After trying
> everything
> that had been mentioned I resorted to uninstalling SP2. Still wont work.
> When using MM I get an error during the "capture video wizard".
> Using other programs I can control the cam (FF, RWD etc etc) but still get
> no footage or sound.
> The 1394 card is PCI and I have uninstalled it and moved it to another
> slot.
>
> Any other suggestions??

Same problem here. I had another 1394 card laying around, I installed that
one and it works fine, but I am still trying to get the factory 1394's to
work.

"Carl G" wrote:

> Try a different cable
>
> --
> Carl G
> "DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have gone back to posts in October and tried everything I can to get my
> >DV
> > camcorder to work again.
> >
> > I have a pc which used to capture without any probs. Since I last captured
> > have installed many things including SP2.
> >
> > Having read other posts I concluded it was a problem with the firewire
> > drivers and I overwrote the 2004 ones with the 2002 ones from SP1. I also
> > ran
> > the command which is meant to reinstall a dll file. After trying
> > everything
> > that had been mentioned I resorted to uninstalling SP2. Still wont work.
> > When using MM I get an error during the "capture video wizard".
> > Using other programs I can control the cam (FF, RWD etc etc) but still get
> > no footage or sound.
> > The 1394 card is PCI and I have uninstalled it and moved it to another
> > slot.
> >
> > Any other suggestions??

TRENDING THREADS