TV shows desktop, but not video

When I play a DVD on my laptop using Windows MP10, it shows on the laptop,
but on the TV it shows the Desktop with the icons, etc., but the part that
should be showing the video is black. When I switch it to full screen, the
whole TV screen becomes black, but it plays fine on the laptop. This also
happens with ESPN.com video clips.
This happens with other software players too, on this laptop. I am using XP
with an S video cable to an RF modulator. From the modulator I have a coax
cable to the TV.
How can I fix this? Thanks.

"lstice" wrote:
> When I play a DVD on my laptop using Windows MP10, it shows on
> the laptop,
> but on the TV it shows the Desktop with the icons, etc., but
> the part that
> should be showing the video is black. When I switch it to full
> screen, the
> whole TV screen becomes black, but it plays fine on the
> laptop. This also
> happens with ESPN.com video clips.
> This happens with other software players too, on this laptop.
> I am using XP
> with an S video cable to an RF modulator. From the modulator I
> have a coax
> cable to the TV.
> How can I fix this? Thanks.

Solving this depends on your video card. Most multiple output cards
are only capable of displaying a video window on only one of the
outputs at a time. The manufacturer’s drivers should include the
option to set the primary output, normally accessed from
display/properties/settings/advanced/monitor.

Hope this helps.

BC

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request