Firewire card and cable

I want to get a firewire card to edit movies from my Sony DCR HC30. The
camera manual says I should get a 4-pin to 4-pin cable. None of the firewire
cards say whether they take 4 pin cables or 6 pin cables. Does that mean
either one will work or do I need to find a card that takes the 4-pin cable?
Thanks in advance for any help.
--
John

"jc1969" wrote:
> I want to get a firewire card to edit movies from my Sony DCR
> HC30. The
> camera manual says I should get a 4-pin to 4-pin cable. None
> of the firewire
> cards say whether they take 4 pin cables or 6 pin cables.
> Does that mean
> either one will work or do I need to find a card that takes
> the 4-pin cable?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> --
> John

The conncetor on most firewire cards are the larger 6 pin connector,
you can get cable that is 6 pin one one end and 4 pin one the other
end. this should do the job. John

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-Firewire-card-cable-ftopict239487.html

they also sell pci cards with 4 pin and 6 pin combos