help please - True Image - creating DVD image

Can someone please tell me how to make an image (for disaster recovery
purposes) on DVDs (not on CDs) using Acronis True Image 8?. I have
studied the user's guide and researched on the web, but I cannot figure
out how to do it. I have Windows XP Media Center and a brand new HP
Pavillion with a LightScribe DVD writer and Nero Ultra 6 (which does
have the ability to write UDF DVDs).
I need to install many things on my computer so I can get back to work,
but first I want to have a good image of Drive C before I do. (I
already installed the additional hardware and basic software that I
use).
Thanks in advance, Bob

artist@talon.net wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to make an image (for disaster recovery
> purposes) on DVDs (not on CDs) using Acronis True Image 8?.

If you're talking about making a bootable DVD (or set of DVDs), then
check out this thread. A couple of methods are described.

ATI doesn't have the capability to do this natively.

-WD

artist@talon.net wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to make an image (for
> disaster recovery purposes) on DVDs (not on CDs) using
> Acronis True Image 8?. I have studied the user's guide and
> researched on the web, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

You click the Create Image button, make sure the drive
you want to image is ticked in the first screen in the wizard,
click on the entry for the DVD drive in the next screen,
type a name for the image file in the File Name box,
hit the Next button, tick the 'Create the full backup image archive'
button, tick the compression you want, normally maximum when
writing to DVDs, hit the next button, briefly describe the state
of the PC you are imaging, so you can work out which image
is which later, hit the next button and then the Proceed button.

> I have Windows XP Media Center and a brand new
> HP Pavillion with a LightScribe DVD writer and Nero Ultra 6
> (which does have the ability to write UDF DVDs).

> I need to install many things on my computer so I can get back to
> work, but first I want to have a good image of Drive C before I do.

That's a good approach and what I do myself with a new PC.

> (I already installed the additional
> hardware and basic software that I use).

I normally do an image before adding anything extra too,
just so its easy to get back to the original config if I need to.
Dont use that image much, but it can be useful at times.

I did not consciously create a secure zone on the HD. I will check
again tomorrow if i get to it.