Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

I have a Toshiba P25 with a matsushita DVD-RAM model UJ-811. I have never
successfully recorded anything to DVD - but not for lack of trying. I am
confused as to what exactly I have here, what media type I should be using
and whether or not to format the disks. I thought DVD-RAM came in
cartridges - but my drive only accepts naked disks. I have a utility to
format DVD disks but figure that only rewrittable media can/should be
formatted.
I know next to nothing about this - any help would be appreciated.

Dave

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/computer/storage/multi/images/pdf/UJ-811.pdf

What software are you using to burn DVDs?
www.coribright.com

"Dave" <david.r.harmon@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a Toshiba P25 with a matsushita DVD-RAM model UJ-811. I have never
>successfully recorded anything to DVD - but not for lack of trying. I am
>confused as to what exactly I have here, what media type I should be using
>and whether or not to format the disks. I thought DVD-RAM came in
>cartridges - but my drive only accepts naked disks. I have a utility to
>format DVD disks but figure that only rewrittable media can/should be
>formatted.
> I know next to nothing about this - any help would be appreciated.
>
> Dave

drbob

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2004

Dave

I have exactly the same problem as you. Mine has a Matsushita UJ-811 DVD-RAM
drive and I have had not any success in recording to DVD and also even
struggle to write to CD although after much "fooling around" have had some
joy with these.

I also have problems trying to play DVD's as typically get an "I/O device
error" when I try to play or access from Windows Explorer

I am using Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2 for software

Toshiba have been of little help on this and the manual offers few solutions.

Bob

I'm struggling to find info on the drive. But dvd ram is different to dvd
rom, and to dvd writers. If it's a ram it will use a different media to the
normal dvd disc.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes