Windows Xp does't recognize my Sony camcorder>firewire pro..

Hello!

I'm also having problems connecting my Sony camcorder with Dell Inspiron
5100, I have a firewire cable from Belkin (lifetime warranty) 6pin\4pin and
a adapter becuse my inspiron has a mini Firewire connector.
When I connect my cammera via firewire (IEEE1394a) with my notebook nothing
happens? No sounds no nothing... I have winXP SP2, latest DirectX, Windows
media encoder and OrangeWare WebcamDV....
I would like to use my Sony DCR TRV520E camera as a webcam, but for starters
it would be nice if windows would just recognize that I have a camcorder
attached to my notebook.
I'm desperate for help!!

Best regards!

p.s. the camera is powered by A/C and not battery and the cassete is out
and cameras demo option is off
3 answers Last reply
More about windows does recognize sony camcorder firewire

    "Marko Z" wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm also having problems connecting my Sony camcorder with Dell Inspiron
    > 5100, I have a firewire cable from Belkin (lifetime warranty) 6pin\4pin and
    > a adapter becuse my inspiron has a mini Firewire connector.
    > When I connect my cammera via firewire (IEEE1394a) with my notebook nothing
    > happens? No sounds no nothing... I have winXP SP2, latest DirectX, Windows
    > media encoder and OrangeWare WebcamDV....
    > I would like to use my Sony DCR TRV520E camera as a webcam, but for starters
    > it would be nice if windows would just recognize that I have a camcorder
    > attached to my notebook.
    > I'm desperate for help!!
    >
    > Best regards!
    >
    > p.s. the camera is powered by A/C and not battery and the cassete is out
    > and cameras demo option is off

    Make sure your firewire controller drivers are loaded. Also, make sure the
    firewire ports are turned on in the BIOS. But, one way you can find out if
    they are on in BIOS is to look in your device manager and look for firewire
    controller. Hope this helps
    "westlife" wrote:

    > "Marko Z" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > >
    > > I'm also having problems connecting my Sony camcorder with Dell Inspiron
    > > 5100, I have a firewire cable from Belkin (lifetime warranty) 6pin\4pin and
    > > a adapter becuse my inspiron has a mini Firewire connector.
    > > When I connect my cammera via firewire (IEEE1394a) with my notebook nothing
    > > happens? No sounds no nothing... I have winXP SP2, latest DirectX, Windows
    > > media encoder and OrangeWare WebcamDV....
    > > I would like to use my Sony DCR TRV520E camera as a webcam, but for starters
    > > it would be nice if windows would just recognize that I have a camcorder
    > > attached to my notebook.
    > > I'm desperate for help!!
    > >
    > > Best regards!
    > >
    > > p.s. the camera is powered by A/C and not battery and the cassete is out
    > > and cameras demo option is off

    If it is in the device manager then it is turned on in the BIOS. If nothing
    shows up about firewire(1394) then you may want to check with the computer
    manufacturer and get instructions on turning that on

    "drewrw" wrote:

    > Make sure your firewire controller drivers are loaded. Also, make sure the
    > firewire ports are turned on in the BIOS. But, one way you can find out if
    > they are on in BIOS is to look in your device manager and look for firewire
    > controller. Hope this helps
    > "westlife" wrote:
    >

    > > "Marko Z" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello!
    > > >
    > > > I'm also having problems connecting my Sony camcorder with Dell Inspiron
    > > > 5100, I have a firewire cable from Belkin (lifetime warranty) 6pin\4pin and
    > > > a adapter becuse my inspiron has a mini Firewire connector.
    > > > When I connect my cammera via firewire (IEEE1394a) with my notebook nothing
    > > > happens? No sounds no nothing... I have winXP SP2, latest DirectX, Windows
    > > > media encoder and OrangeWare WebcamDV....
    > > > I would like to use my Sony DCR TRV520E camera as a webcam, but for starters
    > > > it would be nice if windows would just recognize that I have a camcorder
    > > > attached to my notebook.
    > > > I'm desperate for help!!
    > > >
    > > > Best regards!
    > > >
    > > > p.s. the camera is powered by A/C and not battery and the cassete is out
    > > > and cameras demo option is off

Video Sony Firewire Camcorders Windows XP