Can't view any video!

What's with this thing (i.e., Windows Media Player)?
Everything was fine on my system, then,
probably through accepting on of the updates, now WMP crashes
when I try to load any web page with video, or even opening
a video file from the WMP itself.

I'm on XP, SP2 and have installed the newest WMP.

Help!

Rick

fred

The most recent update removed any video ability, just like Eric.
Also, my lexmark 75 (trio) quit scanning. Everything has gone "downhill"
since!!!
I'm on xp sp2. 12/25/04