Windows Movie Maker/Roxio 7 Crashes on Higher Quality Sett..

boo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,
I am having trouble with Windows Movie Maker. Everytime I try to capture
video from a vcr on a higher quality besides the default one, the program
either crashes or freezes. I am having the same problem with Roxio Easy Media
Maker 7 which I just installed hoping it would work. I got an error report
that blamed a driver, but did not specify which one or the exact problem. Any
kick in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

"Boo1" wrote:
> Hello,
> I am having trouble with Windows Movie Maker. Everytime I
> try to capture
> video from a vcr on a higher quality besides the default one,
> the program
> either crashes or freezes. I am having the same problem with
> Roxio Easy Media
> Maker 7 which I just installed hoping it would work. I got an
> error report
> that blamed a driver, but did not specify which one or the
> exact problem. Any
> kick in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

What kind of capture divice are you using? PCI card, usb, firewire ?
May you can go the vendors web site for an update. Also SP2 fix one
of my problems. John

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Video-Windows-Movie-Maker-Roxio-Crashes-Higher-Quality-Settings-ftopict240438.html