Media player video display problem

When I playback most all file types(ex:avi, mpeg) not only do they not
playback in any of the Media players such as Realplayer 10 and WMP 10 also
streaming video won't playback. Only a black screen is displayed and the
audio plays. Plus I cannot view my DVDs on the PC using any of the DVD
players or media plyers. All I get is just a black screen and the audio of
that source will play. All codecs are up to date and so are drivers. Plus the
PC has been scanned of spyware, viruses, and has been defragmented. I have a
3.2Ghz HT 1 Gigabyte of memory and ATI 9800 pro.
Could someone please tell me a way to fix this problem............I would
greatly apreciate it.

Help plz

I have the same problem.

Can hear the sound but no visual. If I play a video file it will play but if
I try stream a video of say MTV then it won't play the visual.
--
gimmesumknowledge................

"DH" wrote:

> When I playback most all file types(ex:avi, mpeg) not only do they not
> playback in any of the Media players such as Realplayer 10 and WMP 10 also
> streaming video won't playback. Only a black screen is displayed and the
> audio plays. Plus I cannot view my DVDs on the PC using any of the DVD
> players or media plyers. All I get is just a black screen and the audio of
> that source will play. All codecs are up to date and so are drivers. Plus the
> PC has been scanned of spyware, viruses, and has been defragmented. I have a
> 3.2Ghz HT 1 Gigabyte of memory and ATI 9800 pro.
> Could someone please tell me a way to fix this problem............I would
> greatly apreciate it.

And the file extension of the the video in question is.......?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D7425105-7663-4A97-B46B-1FE2B43FE64A@microsoft.com...
> Help plz
>
> I have the same problem.
>
> Can hear the sound but no visual. If I play a video file it will play but
> if
> I try stream a video of say MTV then it won't play the visual.
> --
> gimmesumknowledge................

I don't know but I would say html....these are videos of MTV or trailers from
the Apple webpage they used 2 play before but they don't now...
--
gimmesumknowledge................

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> And the file extension of the the video in question is.......?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D7425105-7663-4A97-B46B-1FE2B43FE64A@microsoft.com...
> > Help plz
> >
> > I have the same problem.
> >
> > Can hear the sound but no visual. If I play a video file it will play but
> > if
> > I try stream a video of say MTV then it won't play the visual.
> > --
> > gimmesumknowledge................

An HTML file is a webpage.

If they are MOV files from the Apple webpage, you need Quicktime to play
them www.quicktime.com

I don't know what format MTV uses. Perhaps RM... Real Player files...
www.real.com
--

message news:F18094CE-8AED-4759-A2CD-948FECB5ED61@microsoft.com...
>I don't know but I would say html....these are videos of MTV or trailers
>from
> the Apple webpage they used 2 play before but they don't now...
> --
> gimmesumknowledge................
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> And the file extension of the the video in question is.......?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:D7425105-7663-4A97-B46B-1FE2B43FE64A@microsoft.com...
>> > Help plz
>> >
>> > I have the same problem.
>> >
>> > Can hear the sound but no visual. If I play a video file it will play
>> > but
>> > if
>> > I try stream a video of say MTV then it won't play the visual.
>> > --
>> > gimmesumknowledge................

I've tried all of those programs and no joy...It plays trailers from Apple
but not videos from www.mtv.com or from www.blastro.com. I've read a few
things that sound similar to my problem and they all say the same thing
....check you are using Windows Media Player 7....I'm using Windows Media
Player 10 ...I've checked the video controller in device manager and it is up
2 date so I'm kinda baffled now...PLZ help
--
gimmesumknowledge................

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> An HTML file is a webpage.
>
> If they are MOV files from the Apple webpage, you need Quicktime to play
> them www.quicktime.com
>
> I don't know what format MTV uses. Perhaps RM... Real Player files...
> www.real.com
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:F18094CE-8AED-4759-A2CD-948FECB5ED61@microsoft.com...
> >I don't know but I would say html....these are videos of MTV or trailers
> >from
> > the Apple webpage they used 2 play before but they don't now...
> > --
> > gimmesumknowledge................
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> And the file extension of the the video in question is.......?
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Printing & Imaging
> >>

> >> "gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> in
> >> message news:D7425105-7663-4A97-B46B-1FE2B43FE64A@microsoft.com...

How up to date is your DirectX? I just went to MTV and the videos play fine
in the MTV player which is based on the Windows Media Player. What kind of
error message do you get?
--

message news:987CB037-2154-4076-BB71-C2A245929182@microsoft.com...
> I've tried all of those programs and no joy...It plays trailers from
> Apple
> but not videos from www.mtv.com or from www.blastro.com. I've read a few
> things that sound similar to my problem and they all say the same thing
> ...check you are using Windows Media Player 7....I'm using Windows Media
> Player 10 ...I've checked the video controller in device manager and it is
> up
> 2 date so I'm kinda baffled now...PLZ help
> --
> gimmesumknowledge................
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> An HTML file is a webpage.
>>
>> If they are MOV files from the Apple webpage, you need Quicktime to play
>> them www.quicktime.com
>>
>> I don't know what format MTV uses. Perhaps RM... Real Player files...
>> www.real.com
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "gimmesumknowledge" <gimmesumknowledge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:F18094CE-8AED-4759-A2CD-948FECB5ED61@microsoft.com...
>> >I don't know but I would say html....these are videos of MTV or trailers
>> >from
>> > the Apple webpage they used 2 play before but they don't now...
>> > --
>> > gimmesumknowledge................

I don't get no error message ..if I goto play a video it plays because you
can hear it play but there is no picture...I just updated the DirectX and
still no joy.
--
gimmesumknowledge................